How do you find out-of-state owners?

How do you find out-of-state owners?

Wholesaler · Waldorf, MD · Member since 2013 · 13 posts · 0 votes

Hello!!

Looking at several posts, I've noticed that out-of-state owners and landlords are good sources of motivated sellers. Where and how can I locate these types of owners?

Stephanie

0Reply
41 views

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    Www.listsource.com

  • Real Estate Investor · Lansdowne, PA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 656 votes
    13y

    1st check the county records of where the property is which should provide the owners information. if no success there quite a few websites can assist you such as what Michael said and skiptracer.com to name a few.

    Kudos,
    Mary

  • Wholesaler · Waldorf, MD · Member since 2013 · 13 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Thank you, Michael and Mary!!

  • Abingdon, MD · Member since 2013 · 193 posts · 60 votes
    13y

    Stephanie,
    I see you are in Maryland. Maryland uses this website:
    http://sdatcert3.resiusa.org/rp_rewrite/

    It's fairly easy to us. Let me know if you have any trouble with it.

  • Wholesaler · Waldorf, MD · Member since 2013 · 13 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Thank you, Patrick!! I'll let you know if I need any help.

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    13y

    There are also services like Data Quick, haines criss cross, real Quest, Realist, Real fast Data, etc that aggregate public records and sell subscription services to use the data.

    These services can be used for more than just mailing lists as they have a lot of property data. my partner has Real Fast Date which now goes by IURealist. This is just repackaging Realist which is a Core logic product as is listsource mentioned above.

  • Wholesaler · Waldorf, MD · Member since 2013 · 13 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Ned! Thanks for the great information!!

    Stephanie

  • Lender · Burke, VA · Member since 2013 · 177 posts · 28 votes
    13y

    I think Patrick provided the link, but its the Maryland tax assessment website. When you type in a steert, drive, Pkwy etc....example planters court......it lists all the houses on that street....there's a column to the right that lists whether its an in stateor out of state owner (Y = Yes, N = No).

    Hope that helps.

  • Real Estate Investor · Olympia, WA · Member since 2011 · 34 posts · 8 votes
    13y

    In Washington I get my lists from a title company. I can request exactly what I want: absentees that are out of state, owned for 10 years or more, in the value range of $200K - $400K. It cost me $2.00 for 1500 addresses. I opted for getting labels to and they sent that to me for an extra $8.00.

  • Wholesaler · Waldorf, MD · Member since 2013 · 13 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Thank you, John and Mitch!!

  • Real Estate Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2013 · 173 posts · 18 votes
    13y

    Great info all, I am wondering if there is a site in Cleveland, Ohio that has this info as well. Does anyone know? And I will definitely check with a title company to see if they can give me this information. Again a great idea.

  • Member since 2022 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    3y

    Hello Mitch, how do you find title companies in another state like Az and NY that provide this service? How has this method worked out for you? Thanks again.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.