Went to view one property ended up buying 3.

Went to view one property ended up buying 3.

Developer · Mesa, AZ · Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 3 votes

Investment Info:

Large multi-family (5+ units) buy & hold investment.

Purchase price: $700,000
Cash invested: $170,000

1.25 acres with 3 properties, 4 unit, 3 unit and a 7 bedroom house. Updated and rented all units within 60 days of closing.

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

I had 1031 money and the owner was willing to carry the note for a few years with 20% down. It met most of my 1031 requirement and is in a major growth path. The plan is to cashflow for 3-5 years then develop it into 60+ apartments.

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

One of the properties was on the MLS.

How did you finance this deal?

20% down owner carry.

How did you add value to the deal?

I am a management genius.

What was the outcome?

Amazing cashflow, helping a lot of people find a place to live and a cool property.

Did you work with any real estate professionals (agents, lenders, etc.) that you'd recommend to others?

I worked with myself and was completely satisfied.

2Reply
30 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    5y

    Congratulations on the purchase!

    I'm curious: what was the benefit of owner financing if they required 20% down? People usually use owner financing when they want to put less down so this struck me as an odd thing to do.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    5y

    @Chad Cluff wow, nice! Congratulations

  • Daniel TsangPro Member
    New to Real Estate · Coralville, IA · Member since 2021 · 11 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    Can you be a little more specific about how you add value to the deal? I would like to learn more from a management genius. I thought the only way to add value is by updating the property itself.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.