Skip to content
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice

User Stats

Votes
N/A N/A
Votes |
Idea--please tell me why this wouldn't work!

N/A N/A
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:54

My idea is to advertise a mortgage-relief service to qualified distressed homeowners. My ad directs the homeowner to a website where they enter their information including their current mortgage balance. I receive this information and then get a quick opinion on the FMV of the home from a realtor. If the homeowner has at least 30 percent equity, I offer to purchase the home for the mortgage balance. I either get the lender to allow me to assume the payments, or get a hard money loan based on the 30% equity. If the home has greater than 30% equity, I offer the person a second mortgage for some portion of the equity. The homeowner gets free of their mortgage plus cash from the second mortgage. I get the property with an instant 30% equity that I immediately sell, pay off the first and second mortgages, or alternatively rent it out. If for some reason I could not get the financing to close the deal out myself, I could wholesale it to another investor could pay all cash for it.

I am new and don't know anything other than what I have read on these sites. Is this a stupid idea? Why wouldn't something like this work? If it doesn't work the way I've laid it out, what would it take to make it work? Thanks for your thoughts!

Loading replies...