Oscar Macakiage
Pro Member
Votes |
Looking to network

Oscar Macakiage
Pro Member
Posted Jan 31 2024, 19:07

Hi All,

I'm relatively new to the real estate scene and have spent the last year immersing myself in podcasts and books on real estate investing. Now, it's time to put theory into practice. Having relocated to Houston, TX just one year ago, I'm eager to connect with fellow investors and vendors in the area. Are there any authentic real estate meetups where I can network? I attended one recently, but it felt more like a scheme; the initial meeting was free, but subsequent sessions required payment ranging from $200 to $500 for a 3-day course. I suspect they'll push even pricier training, possibly in the range of $30,000. My goal is simple: to engage with genuine individuals, forge connections, and mutually learn from one another. I'm looking forward to connecting with local investors and starting my real estate journey.

Thanks

Oscar M

User Stats

Votes
Brian Schroeder
  • Realtor
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Houston, TX
Replied Feb 1 2024, 03:13

Oscar - I'd be happy to connect with you! I'm a licensed agent in TX.

User Stats

Votes
Oscar Macakiage
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Feb 2 2024, 08:01

Thanks Brian, I will definitely reach out..

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Michael Dumler
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Feb 2 2024, 08:18

@Oscar Macakiage, I'm not in Houston, but I imagine there must be a legit real estate investor's meet-up. I would start with a Facebook search and review the group page. If every other post is some off-market deal or course pitch with no real value-added content, that's likely not the one you want to join. Also, you can search for local meet-ups here on BP by clicking the Build Your Team tab at the top of your page. Do not pay $30k for a course if you're starting. Everything you need can be found online or at free local meet-ups. 

Best of luck! 

User Stats

Votes
John Ojo
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Northern California
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Northern California
Replied Feb 20 2024, 12:25

Hello Oscar, 

Welcome ....I would love to connect with you. I have been an agent for nearly 8 years and would be happy to share and support from afar (California).

User Stats

Votes
Oscar Macakiage
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Feb 22 2024, 11:49

Thank you John, I really appreciate it.  I will send you a message soon