Rental Property Investor · KS · Member since 2022 · 6 posts · 4 votes
Hello everyone. I am looking to buy a second property (own a duplex which has gone well). I have a 2.5 year time period as a goal to find something, so a decent amount of time, but I want to make sure to find a reasonable deal. I believe we will be looking for a local single family home or another duplex. The prices/rents I’m looking at right now do not look very attractive to me. I’m not looking for any crazy great deal, just to diversify a bit more. Right now I’m wondering over the next 2 1/2 years what might be good in person groups to join to be keeping my eyes out and/or newsletters or magazines to subscribe to (I weirdly prefer something hard copy if possible). Or any other thoughts on how best to ensure I keep generally on top of how the local market is going? Right now I just check Zillow every so often. Thanks for any ideas!
Real Estate Broker · Kansas City Metro · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
3w
I cohost a multifamily meetup group every other month. The next one meets at 9/30/2026 4-6 p.m at Strang Hall in downtown overland park. Free, no sign ups, no agenda - just people looking for multifamily deals. Drinks are on me.
Real Estate Agent · Kansas City · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
3w
Happy to connect. Best bet is to have deals funnel to you and network with professionals. Happy to add you to my weekly newsletter/email where I send out info. There are many local FB groups where you can comment and ask for groups.