Tampa investing.. someone looking for advice

Tampa investing.. someone looking for advice

Investor · Paso Robles, CA · Member since 2016 · 106 posts · 31 votes
Hey everyone, does anyone know about the market in Tampa, FL? I am an investor from California and looking into buying about 6-8 duplexes in sulphur springs, Seminole heights and all around areas. Trulia's heat map says their pretty crime saturated. My realtor says it's an up and coming area. She's very honest and good. She sold and manages my best friends properties in Tampa (he's here in CA as well). The properties are about $100k-160k and all are about 1%-1.2% rule. Some need a little work and some don't. Is it a good market?
0Reply
25 views

Most Popular Reply

Melvin ListBusiness Member
Lender · Tampa, FL · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 381 votes
8y

@Marcello Oliveri sulphur springs can still be a little scary but with all the development going on downtown I think Seminole heights is the way to do.  There is no more land in South Tampa and the market is very expensive 

C2 Financial
See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Melvin ListBusiness Member
    Lender · Tampa, FL · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 381 votes
    8y

    @Marcello Oliveri sulphur springs can still be a little scary but with all the development going on downtown I think Seminole heights is the way to do.  There is no more land in South Tampa and the market is very expensive 

    C2 Financial
  • Rental Property Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2016 · 31 posts · 11 votes
    8y

    Hey Marcello,

    I'm an agent/investor. I have two properties just south of sulphur springs on the other side of the river and have been eyeing sulphur springs for some time. Sulphur springs is definitely a rougher side of the tracks but it is up and coming as people continue to increase their search radius from Seminole heights to find deals. Closer to the river the better. There has recently been some duplexes part of a portfolio beening sold off there and also I have seen some wholesale deals for sulphur springs. If interested send me a message and I can set you up with a automatic search for these properties, forward you wholesale deals I see, etc etc 

  • Investor · Paso Robles, CA · Member since 2016 · 106 posts · 31 votes
    8y
    Thank you gents. I really appreciate the great info. Would you actually buy in sulphur springs though? I'm assuming it's being gentrified? Patrick, I was trying to send you a message. Can you please send me some contact info possibly and we can talk about some properties?
  • Real Estate Agent · Saint Petersburg, FL · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 26 votes
    8y

    @Marcello Oliveri

    I would love to chat about a few properties I have in the works. I am a licensed agent, but specialize in distressed real estate, mostly single-family fix and flips. I do come across duplexes and triplexes every now and then that need some love. Most of the properties I buy and sell are off-market. 

    If you would like to invest in a buy and hold multi-family with some equity built in, send me a request and give me a call. My number is on my profile page. 

    I look forward to speaking with you. 

    Thanks. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.