Best Real Estate Economics Self Education Blog / Content

Best Real Estate Economics Self Education Blog / Content

Rental Property Investor · Kansas City, KS · Member since 2015 · 45 posts · 29 votes

Hello!

I’m looking for recommendations for a real estate economist blog or education source around key historic trends and rations.

Since I’m (kinda) on the younger side I’d like to be able to build longer term (30+ year) models for my purchases. Have a background in corporate strategy and financial modeling so I think I can do a decent job.

The only rub is some of the key variables I want to use are kinda harder to come by (what’s the historical rent inflation ratio when compared to price appreciation for example).

Thanks for any recommendations!

0Reply
12 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Indio, CA · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Just came across this post but no comments. Any luck finding historical data in the two months since posting? I skimmed your profile and didn't see anything about you being licensed as an agent but I know you can scrub data from the local MLS on leased properties...won't give you a 30 year history but 10 years would show rent progression of current cycle. You could then go vs appreciation in same area. Sounds like you're an excel wiz and this is just one variable factor. I thought I was chuggin along with google sheets but im learning that excel is the real beast lol

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.