Best CRM Software to use for REI?

Best CRM Software to use for REI?

Flipper/Rehabber · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2020 · 300 posts · 417 votes

Hey BP community! I'm looking into CRM software options, and I'm curious as to what everyone uses/recommends. I'm familiar with Hubspot, but I'd like to know what other CRM software to consider for use with REI.

Thanks in advance!

7Reply
95 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · RVA · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
6y

Totally comes down to your business's needs and personal preferences. I use ActiveCampaign and used Contactually in the past. I use ActiveCampaign even though its CRM is not the best, because the automation features are fantastic and easy to use. It also integrates very smoothly with Wordpress. I prefer to have as much of my information as possible located in one package, rather than having multiple packages talking to each other through complicated Zapier workflows.

I discussed this with @Greg Dickerson in an interview and he uses the basic Microsoft Outlook/Excel suite, and it works well for him. Goes to show that investors at the highest levels just need the tools that work for them, and it doesn't need to be the fanciest, most feature-laden software package out there.

Still others use Podio, which has a truly insane amount of customization options. I don't use it because it was just too much customization for me. I wanted more built-in structure, because I'm not in this business to be a web developer!

In my opinion, the steps to figuring it out should be:

1) Write down the functions and features you want a CRM to have. Then identify your top 5 priorities.

2) Make a list of CRM packages - it's been discussed on BP a number of times, so you can build a list based on that. Hit Google as well

3) Do as many free trials as you can stomach. With many of them you might decide in literally the first 10 seconds they're not the right fit. You'll probably get it narrowed down to two or three. Pick one and commit to it!

If you really commit to it, you can certainly make a decision within 1-2 weeks.

See this reply in the discussion

30 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Washington, DC · Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    hubspot

  • New to Real Estate · Greater Minneapolis - St. Paul Area · Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Account Closed I think the decision depends on what you want to use it for and your budget. I like looking at G2.com when comparing Saas services. https://www.g2.com/categories/...

  • Rental Property Investor · Orange, CA · Member since 2017 · 18 posts · 17 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Taylor L.:

    Totally comes down to your business's needs and personal preferences. I use ActiveCampaign and used Contactually in the past. I use ActiveCampaign even though its CRM is not the best, because the automation features are fantastic and easy to use. It also integrates very smoothly with Wordpress. I prefer to have as much of my information as possible located in one package, rather than having multiple packages talking to each other through complicated Zapier workflows.

    I discussed this with @Greg Dickerson in an interview and he uses the basic Microsoft Outlook/Excel suite, and it works well for him. Goes to show that investors at the highest levels just need the tools that work for them, and it doesn't need to be the fanciest, most feature-laden software package out there.

    Still others use Podio, which has a truly insane amount of customization options. I don't use it because it was just too much customization for me. I wanted more built-in structure, because I'm not in this business to be a web developer!

    In my opinion, the steps to figuring it out should be:

    1) Write down the functions and features you want a CRM to have. Then identify your top 5 priorities.

    2) Make a list of CRM packages - it's been discussed on BP a number of times, so you can build a list based on that. Hit Google as well

    3) Do as many free trials as you can stomach. With many of them you might decide in literally the first 10 seconds they're not the right fit. You'll probably get it narrowed down to two or three. Pick one and commit to it!

    If you really commit to it, you can certainly make a decision within 1-2 weeks.

     Thanks Tylor , that is super helpful 

  • Specialist · Napa, CA · Member since 2015 · 123 posts · 31 votes
    4y
    FreedomSoft has been around a long time since 2010 or 2011 and the owner Rob Swanson who took it over years ago continues to tweak and enhance its features. It does a lot of what most people want to do; provides a database of their lead records, and other contacts, as well as BUYERS and SELLERS, helps you build and organize lists, create marketing campaigns,  use their phone system that your purchased #'s for INBOUND and OUTBOUND tracking and KPI's, can offshoot direct mail, automated tasks and workflow follow ups, has a built in document generator, can skip trace records and you can use their data feeds or import your own into their platform.

    They have white labeled the program to other educators / promoters under various names like Freedomlogic, and others perhaps even Deal Automator (not sure)
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.