Hey y’all ! Im analyzing deals in Harris county specifically Spring Tx ... Don’t have lender yet! Looking for a sfh worth 150,000 and I plan to rent for 1500 ( Zillow rent estimates) !
need advice , about lending, minimizing expenses , strategy ,entity structure
-what are avg property tax % in Harris county( Zillow says 2.3%) - is $100/mo for insurance conservative? I know it rains a lot in Harris county and hurricanes here and there ! Is flood insurance typical ? If so am I looking more at $200/mo for insurance
- I want to own in llc but easier to get loan under my name ( conventional loan ) I read about buying under my name then transferring to trust and have llc as beneficiary! ( what steps would I take to do that)
- main goal is cash-on cash-return along with cash flow!In order to reach my goal of 12% cash on cash return I need $400/mo cash flow. Total cash outlay $40k .. how can I get monthly operating cost to less than 1,000 (mortgage, insurance, taxes, property management, vacancy, capex, other,)
- how would you negotiate deal in order to make money at the purchase! ( equity) I plan to offer at least 10% below value . I understand this may be difficult but I am determined!
- I live in California so this will be a long distance rental investment.
plan to talk to mynd property management(haven’t reached out yet)saw them on the BP YouTube channel
- plan is to have team putting in offers by summer 2021 , in meantime I need to build team of course !!!!! And I’m also beefing up my personal emergency fund in meantime in order to mitigate risks ( worst case scenario I personally have to fund)
Give me advice y’all
Flood insurance is a must in Harris County. And be sure to avoid any property in the flood plain because flood insurance will be more expensive.
Thank you for commenting! And thank you for info ! I will add flood insurance to numbers when I analyze! Thank you so much !