COLORADO Inquiry Reply and Listing

COLORADO Inquiry Reply and Listing

Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 0 votes

CO Tenant Screening Laws have changed a lot over the last couple years. Embarrassingly, I listed our property with the usual $50 pet fee (which can only be $35 now) and asking for income 3x rent (which is now 2x). I'm doing my best to catch up, but I am overall embarrassed.

I have my inquiry reply for interested tenants. Is my criteria legal? 

0Reply
22 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    1y

    Even if we provide you with an answer to this question, there may be other laws you are ignorant of. I recommend you go to the source and educate yourself on all the landlord-tenant laws, particularly in an increasingly regulated state like Colorado.

    Here's a good starting point: https://doh.colorado.gov/landlord-rights-and-responsibilitie...

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    1y

    I believe you can charge up to 300 per pet (deposit) and up to 35 / month. One unclarity however is whether its 35/pet or 35/unit

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.