Are Investors finding high demand for renting SFH's?

Are Investors finding high demand for renting SFH's?

Investor · Melrose Park, IL · Member since 2015 · 77 posts · 24 votes

I am thinking about buying in the Plainfield, IL. area, a SFH around 2200-2900 sq ft. Basically I am going to rent it out for a few years, then move into it. I see rents for homes in Plainfield, IL. that were built from the late 1990's to 2010 renting for around 2600-2900/month. Are investors finding it hard to find qualified tenants for these large SFH's at these rent prices? I am looking at 4 bedroom homes to buy.

0Reply
18 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Clarkston, GA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    Why don't you call those ads?  some will be ma-pa and glad to talk.  I've even chatted up PMs who are bored.  :)

    The key to rentals / rental demand are jobs and best growing jobs.  Know your area's jobs.   indeed.com set radius on left to 5 mi, then comparee the jobs numbers to other same pop size towns to get a relative strength.

    Is there a college, hospitals, gov workers?  Amazon warehouse?

    I wrote a paper on how to buy a bullet proof portfolio.  I linked that file off my BP profile 1st paragraph.   Jobs;  location to freeway, commercial area = good rental demand and long stays (key).    

    Best of luck.

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    4y

    Location location location. Know who your audience is, if you are in a great school district chances are you will get high quality tenants applying 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.