Traveling nurse and corporate housing

Traveling nurse and corporate housing

Member since 2022 · 11 posts · 5 votes

Hey BP community. Can anyone tell me the best sites to list a house that I want to rent furnished to traveling nurses, corporate housing, etc.?

Mid term rentals.

I am aware of furnishedfinder.com. 


Thank you!

0Reply
26 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Columbus, OH · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 15 votes
4y

I have found that going directly to your local hospital and asking where they prefer is one of the best ways! We have a few large hospitals here in Columbus and we call the HR department and ask what they are looking for and where we can share our housing with the staff. Sometimes they have their own sites they can put it on or an invitation only Facebook group that they will post too! 

See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jason WrayPro Member
    Banker · Nationwide · Member since 2020 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    Vitaly,

    I would reach out to TNAA traveling Nurse Accross America and see if you can add your property to their TNAA list.  tnaa . com

  • Member since 2022 · 11 posts · 5 votes
    4y

    Great. I will check in with them. Thank you Jason!

  • Real Estate Broker · Columbus, OH · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 15 votes
    4y

    I have found that going directly to your local hospital and asking where they prefer is one of the best ways! We have a few large hospitals here in Columbus and we call the HR department and ask what they are looking for and where we can share our housing with the staff. Sometimes they have their own sites they can put it on or an invitation only Facebook group that they will post too! 

  • Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 941 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Vitaly Mozeson:

    Hey BP community. Can anyone tell me the best sites to list a house that I want to rent furnished to traveling nurses, corporate housing, etc.?

    Mid term rentals.

    I am aware of furnishedfinder.com. 


    Thank you!


     Airbnb, VRBO, and local FB groups for apartments for rent or subletting. 

    Don't skip Airbnb or VRBO. My place is 4 minute walk from a major hospital with tons of traveling nurses and I haven't had a traveling nurse yet. I'm able to get rents about market on Airbnb that I wouldn't get on FF. Traveling nurses are one piece of 3 types of clients that need furnished monthly housing:

    1. Traveling for work (traveling nurses, traveling business people, etc)
    2. New to the city - These people don't know where they want to live or are waiting for a home to be built so they are waiting for a more permanent option
    3. WFH - These people WFH indefinitely and are traveling to different areas for extended periods of time

  • Member since 2022 · 11 posts · 5 votes
    4y

    That's definitely helpful. Thank you Conner!

  • Member since 2022 · 11 posts · 5 votes
    4y

    Good call Rachael! I really like the reverse engineer approach for future purchases. 

  • Joseph CacciapagliaBusiness Member
    Lender · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Conner Olsen:
    Quote from @Vitaly Mozeson:

    Hey BP community. Can anyone tell me the best sites to list a house that I want to rent furnished to traveling nurses, corporate housing, etc.?

    Mid term rentals.

    I am aware of furnishedfinder.com. 


    Thank you!


     Airbnb, VRBO, and local FB groups for apartments for rent or subletting. 

    Don't skip Airbnb or VRBO. My place is 4 minute walk from a major hospital with tons of traveling nurses and I haven't had a traveling nurse yet. I'm able to get rents about market on Airbnb that I wouldn't get on FF. Traveling nurses are one piece of 3 types of clients that need furnished monthly housing:

    1. Traveling for work (traveling nurses, traveling business people, etc)
    2. New to the city - These people don't know where they want to live or are waiting for a home to be built so they are waiting for a more permanent option
    3. WFH - These people WFH indefinitely and are traveling to different areas for extended periods of time

    Great list I'd add 4. People doing a major remodel of their primary residence, especially following a flood or fire. We get a lot of mid term rentals for this reason.
    Joseph Cacciapaglia powered by Morty
  • Member since 2022 · 11 posts · 5 votes
    4y

    Interesting.. Thanks Joseph.

  • Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 941 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Joseph Cacciapaglia:
    Quote from @Conner Olsen:
    Quote from @Vitaly Mozeson:

    Hey BP community. Can anyone tell me the best sites to list a house that I want to rent furnished to traveling nurses, corporate housing, etc.?

    Mid term rentals.

    I am aware of furnishedfinder.com. 


    Thank you!


     Airbnb, VRBO, and local FB groups for apartments for rent or subletting. 

    Don't skip Airbnb or VRBO. My place is 4 minute walk from a major hospital with tons of traveling nurses and I haven't had a traveling nurse yet. I'm able to get rents about market on Airbnb that I wouldn't get on FF. Traveling nurses are one piece of 3 types of clients that need furnished monthly housing:

    1. Traveling for work (traveling nurses, traveling business people, etc)
    2. New to the city - These people don't know where they want to live or are waiting for a home to be built so they are waiting for a more permanent option
    3. WFH - These people WFH indefinitely and are traveling to different areas for extended periods of time

    Great list I'd add 4. People doing a major remodel of their primary residence, especially following a flood or fire. We get a lot of mid term rentals for this reason.

     Makes total sense! Haven't had one of those guests yet.

  • Realtor · Columbus Ohio, Cleveland Ohio · Member since 2022 · 849 posts · 830 votes
    4y

    Never underestimate the power of facebook groups! join a couple of groups for traveling nurses and post it up there.

  • Rental Property Investor · Katy, TX · Member since 2022 · 63 posts · 31 votes
    3y

    Try FurnishedFinders, they're specific niche is Traveling Medical.

    Apologies.... I just saw you already knew of FF...  Tried to delete message, but couldn't see how.

  • Jared HottleBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Cedar falls IA Waterloo, IA · Member since 2020 · 902 posts · 549 votes
    3y

    Furnished Finder has been the best for us but Airbnb and VRBO have also been great resources. Have had a couple word of mouth or Facebook groups but hard to systematize that.

  • Financial Advisor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    3y

    I have only used FurnishedFinders and it has worked out pretty well for us in Arizona, over the last 2 years, just renting a room in our house.  We ended up installing a private entrance door and gate to the bedroom[room is in back of our house] which I think is a big plus. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.