• Rental Property Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Not Getting Enough Rental Leads

Thomas O'Donnell
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Posted Nov 17 2022, 09:58

I purchased my first duplex on the last day of September 2022. I had to do some work to it and get myself situated in one of the units, as well as it has been a busy time for me work-wise. I just recently listed the one side for rent about 2 weeks ago and I am worried about securing a tenant. I have listed my unit on Zillow, Facebook Marketplace, Avail (and all of its partner sites), as well as have a "for rent" sign in the front. On my listings I have my minimum requirements stated and a link for people to fill out a rental questionnaire that touches on basic questions as well as these requirements (income, pets, evictions, smoking, credit etc). I have had only 6 people complete the form, in which only one of them checked out but they ended up not replying back to my calls/emails about a possible showing. I am wondering if maybe the rent is too high (although its in the middle of similar comps in the area), or the location just isn't desirable right now (I'd say it's a C or C+ area that is starting to change a little for the better), or maybe my minimum requirements are asking too much of the types of tenants that rent in this area. I would really like to get it rented out by December as I do not want to make the full mortgage payment again for an additional month. Does anyone have any tips or recommendations? Or maybe just some general info that might better help me market my unit or at least understand where we are with renters right now?

Loading replies...