I generate a nice amount of Probate Leads! What do I do now?

I generate a nice amount of Probate Leads! What do I do now?

Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2013 · 85 posts · 18 votes

So through my initial contact with the culture of Real Estate Investing, I wanted to find a way to get motivated sellers! Great, In a couple of months I developed a system in my market to generate Probate Leads. I marketed to the leads, had a great response rate, and I even sold a couple hundred through craigslist. Right now I still generate the leads but I cant really afford to market to them consistency. Craigslist hasn't been popping lately. Any suggestions on what else I could do with my valuable service?

0Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · Lansdowne, PA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 656 votes
12y

The market place on bp; other real estate investment websites such as connected investors, backpage, your REIA group & fb still has pull contrary to popular belief. There are many ways to market and network your services online and off. Close on what you can and sell off the rest or those that you dont want.

Kudos,

Mary

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Greater LA/Orange County area, CA · Member since 2012 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Why don't you reverse engineer your activity and find additional services that you receive fees for.

    Step back and think of all the services that people with a house once owned by a family member needs. While they may not have decided or are ready to sell, there are plenty of services that you could be the go-to person for.

    Your objective ought to be to control the access to these people and to be the de facto center of it all. By receiving part of the fees for these services, you become invaluable to someone who needs a trash hauler, gardener, painter, contractor, wholesaler or a professional like an attorney, lender or real estate broker.

    This will also permit you to both spend more on acquiring clients and maximizing the frequency of contact with the person in charge. All which places you in the best position to extract a portion of the revenue. It's all about positioning by being helpful and putting yourself in the center of the flow.

  • Rehabber · Smyrna, GA · Member since 2013 · 864 posts · 510 votes
    12y
    Could you explain more on what you're doing? Sounds like you are acting as an agent without a license which is a no-no. Also, I'm sure many on here (including me) would pay handsomely for a steady stream of probate leads. Seems like if what you are doing works in other markets you could monetize that. I'd foot the bill in my market and pay you real money per purchase for sure.
  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2013 · 85 posts · 18 votes
    12y

    @Darrell Shepherd I'm not acting as anything. What I am doing is generating Probate Leads from the courthouse database cross-referencing my intel with the tax assessor and compiling lists. I have contacted these leads and have come close to closing deals. I also set up an add on craigslist selling the leads in bundles.

  • Rehabber · Smyrna, GA · Member since 2013 · 864 posts · 510 votes
    12y

    ahhhh, selling the leads. That makes sense. Their value will depend a lot on conversion rate.

    I'd imagine there's a market for that kinda thing in every major market if a certain percentage of them turn into deals.

    I've worked my fair share of estate sales, but have only targeted probate once. Not a bad niche, but you do have to treat it with kid gloves. There'd be value in you producing leads that have expressed an interest in selling.

    If you get any in Atlanta, let me know, I'd take a whack at some to see how they pan out...

  • Real Estate Investor · Lansdowne, PA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 656 votes
    12y

    The market place on bp; other real estate investment websites such as connected investors, backpage, your REIA group & fb still has pull contrary to popular belief. There are many ways to market and network your services online and off. Close on what you can and sell off the rest or those that you dont want.

    Kudos,

    Mary

  • Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA - Georgia · Member since 2014 · 1 post · 0 votes
    11y

    Hi Jay,

    I'm interested in purchasing Probate leads and Tax Default (not short sale or foreclose) . Please contact me. 

    [email protected]

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.