Marketing in area with lots of development/contract workers

Marketing in area with lots of development/contract workers

Rental Property Investor · Austin · Member since 2022 · 33 posts · 11 votes

I own a long-term rental property in a town currently experiencing significant development, which has brought in many contractors on 6-9 month assignments. Many of these contractors also receive housing stipends. Our most recent renter was one of these contractors and just completed a 9 month lease - and he was fantastic. I’ve already reached out to his supervisor to see if anyone new is relocating to the area but curious if anyone had success marketing your property in similar situations and how you found the right contacts at these companies?

0Reply
21 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2024 · 10 posts · 6 votes
    1y

    That's a great question. I've been wondering the same thing because we're seeing a decline in vacationers in our area, but an increase in workers. We've attended TXDOT meetings to network and visited job trailers. Our current workers will be leaving at the end of the month, so we need to more workers to replace the ones leaving. 
    • Rental Property Investor · Austin · Member since 2022 · 33 posts · 11 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Jennifer Green:

      That's a great question. I've been wondering the same thing because we're seeing a decline in vacationers in our area, but an increase in workers. We've attended TXDOT meetings to network and visited job trailers. Our current workers will be leaving at the end of the month, so we need to more workers to replace the ones leaving. 

      My property is in Texas too :) That's a good call with visiting the job trailers - I saw some "for rent" signs posted strategically around the development last week so I think we are going to try that too! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.