1st Post Card Mailing Campaign

1st Post Card Mailing Campaign

Real Estate Investor · Burien, WA · Member since 2014 · 286 posts · 98 votes

Hey everyone,

So I just sent my first round of 1000 post cards out and they should be hitting mailboxes today. Im posting to share my experience and will keep you all updated.

Taking Action

Kevin Carbon

4Reply
48 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2015 · 55 posts · 13 votes
11y

I called a title company and you should ask for customer service, you will simply ask them if they can put together a list for you and they will say yes or no and if it is free or not.  After that I just gave them my criteria.

zipcodes/cities, equity %, VA, conventional, absentees, etc.

The manager I spoke to was very helpful and emailed me half of what I asked for on a Friday afternoon. I am expecting the other half on Monday.

Good luck.

P/S if the first title company you call is not helpful just call another until you get a good one.

See this reply in the discussion

42 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Miami Lakes, FL · Member since 2015 · 58 posts · 33 votes
    11y

    Thanks. I'm getting my mailing campaign together on Monday. 

    What kind of leads are you going after?

  • Real Estate Investor · Burien, WA · Member since 2014 · 286 posts · 98 votes
    11y

    already got my first call:).... Running the numbers .. So we shall see..... she is motivated:)

    @Antonio Lopez... I'm targeting Non owner occupied out of state or instate and 40% or more equity...1st mortgage.. And no transactions after 2000

  • Investor · Leominster, MA · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 589 votes
    11y

    @Kevin C.

     What did your postcards say? Any graphics? 

  • Real Estate Investor · Burien, WA · Member since 2014 · 286 posts · 98 votes
    11y
  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2008 · 30 posts · 8 votes
    11y

    Good luck, Kevin. I have a similar campaign going out next week. 

    Are you going to try to take all of the calls yourself or use a voicemail or live answering service?

  • Birmingham, AL · Member since 2012 · 115 posts · 28 votes
    11y

    @Kevin C. Good luck! Keep us updated on this thread and let us know your progress!

  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 12 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    @kevin carbon Where did you get your actual mailing list? List source?

    Best of luck to you!

    -Rasheed

  • Real Estate Investor · Burien, WA · Member since 2014 · 286 posts · 98 votes
    11y

    @Rasheed Muslimani.. I used list source.... I know folks who say to call a title company and you can get a list that way cheaper, but you have to scrub the list... I just want to mail:)...

    @Jeff Baillis... I am using google voice on my iPhone and will answer calls when I can.. Otherwise they will go to voicemail... 

    @Marcus Kennedy... I will definitely keep updating ... I see lots of threads that stop and we never seem to get the final results

  • Real Estate Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2014 · 111 posts · 17 votes
    11y

    Good luck Kevin! Looking forward to hearing your results. 

  • Investor · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2015 · 55 posts · 13 votes
    11y

    Awesome Kevin! Did you have a print shop do your cards? I've been printing my own letters and have been thinking about do postcards, but I have not settled on who to have do them for me.

    BTW - I called one title company and got a list of 3000 properties inside my demographic the same day. List source would have cost $800 but I got it free. Message me for the contact if you are interested. You are right I had to scrub the LLCs but those are potential buyers so I just moved them to a new list.

    Good luck!

  • New to Real Estate · Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    @Dustin Little what precisely did you ask the title company when you asked them for the list you received?

  • Investor · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2015 · 55 posts · 13 votes
    11y

    I called a title company and you should ask for customer service, you will simply ask them if they can put together a list for you and they will say yes or no and if it is free or not.  After that I just gave them my criteria.

    zipcodes/cities, equity %, VA, conventional, absentees, etc.

    The manager I spoke to was very helpful and emailed me half of what I asked for on a Friday afternoon. I am expecting the other half on Monday.

    Good luck.

    P/S if the first title company you call is not helpful just call another until you get a good one.

  • Cherry Hill, NJ · Member since 2015 · 16 posts · 2 votes
    11y
    Are you planning on flipping yourself or wholesaling?
  • Specialist · Novato, CA · Member since 2012 · 190 posts · 57 votes
    11y

    @Kevin C. why did you decide to have the date of purchase to be 2000 or earlier? 

  • New to Real Estate · Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    Thanks Dustin Little, appreciate the info. 

  • Real Estate Investor · Burien, WA · Member since 2014 · 286 posts · 98 votes
    11y

    Hey everyone.. So a little update... I had 2 more calls today ( total of 4)... One is pretty exciting and I will reveal more as it comes together.... 

    @Jessica Martin.. Thank you:)

    @Dustin Little ... I used a service like yellow letters.. .49 cents per card with first class postage.. Totally worth it.. Since Postage is 39 cents a peice.. I figured ten more cents was worth my time...and I didn't touch them:)

    Also please message me the number to the title company .. That's awesome:).. Thanks :):)

    @Josh Michel I am wholesaling to start and will do some flips at some point.

    @Mike Osterman I picked no later than 2000 for the loan origination date because they most likely have more equity and have had it for agile and may be ready to sell( and that's what my mentor told me to do.. So I did:)

  • Specialist · Novato, CA · Member since 2012 · 190 posts · 57 votes
    11y

    always good to listen to your mentors. 

  • Real Estate Investor · Burien, WA · Member since 2014 · 286 posts · 98 votes
    11y

    yes it is @Mike Osterman... She had been closing a deal a month and the first meeting I had with her, we went to get her check at the title company for 25k.... Soooooo.... :):)

  • Burleson, TX · Member since 2009 · 37 posts · 33 votes
    11y

    Im excited to see how this goes.  

    Are you planning on mailing a sequence to the list?  Or once and done.

  • Real Estate Investor · Burien, WA · Member since 2014 · 286 posts · 98 votes
    11y

    @Jared Wilson... So that's where my mentor and I may differ.... She says I should mail to a completely different list, but everything I've heard on BP and other wholesalers say to keep mailing for at least 6 months ... So I am going to do both:)

  • Vendor · NY, NY · Member since 2009 · 175 posts · 52 votes
    11y

    @Kevin C.

    What do you use for a CRM? Are you going to get a call center?
    I use HighRise from 37 Signals and am testing a bunch of answering services I Found online.

  • Real Estate Investor · Burien, WA · Member since 2014 · 286 posts · 98 votes
    11y

    @Ariel O.... I plan to use Podio at this point... As far a call center, I have no plans at this point, I like fielding the calls for now as it is helping me learn to talk to potential sellers and get comfortable with that .. 

  • Vendor · NY, NY · Member since 2009 · 175 posts · 52 votes
    11y

    @Kevin C.

    I like talking to people too.. Except I did a drop in February with a 24% response rate and it basically had my phone ringing non stop, with 30 minute calls to qualify the leads (this was in the mobile home park space, I have specific criteria that a lot don't meet). So my next drop I am testing it with LiveAnswer.com.. Too much volume for one guy to handle, not worth it to have a full time employee.

  • Developer · Saraland, AL · Member since 2013 · 93 posts · 52 votes
    11y

    @Ariel O. Do you mind sharing more about your campaign? I have similar interest along the gulf coast. How large geographically are you investing in.

  • Vendor · NY, NY · Member since 2009 · 175 posts · 52 votes
    11y

    @Michael Meeks

    Sure. My footprint is significantly wider, but I basically did a multi sequence drop to companies that met my criteria.

    I'm sure your next questions will be, where did I get my data and how come so many people responded?

    So, I have a background in data acquisition and direct marketing. Putting the 2 together can be a very good combination :-)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.