1st Post Card Mailing Campaign

1st Post Card Mailing Campaign

Real Estate Investor · Burien, WA · Member since 2014 · 286 posts · 98 votes

Hey everyone,

So I just sent my first round of 1000 post cards out and they should be hitting mailboxes today. Im posting to share my experience and will keep you all updated.

Taking Action

Kevin Carbon

4Reply
56 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2015 · 55 posts · 13 votes
11y

I called a title company and you should ask for customer service, you will simply ask them if they can put together a list for you and they will say yes or no and if it is free or not.  After that I just gave them my criteria.

zipcodes/cities, equity %, VA, conventional, absentees, etc.

The manager I spoke to was very helpful and emailed me half of what I asked for on a Friday afternoon. I am expecting the other half on Monday.

Good luck.

P/S if the first title company you call is not helpful just call another until you get a good one.

See this reply in the discussion

42 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Burleson, TX · Member since 2009 · 37 posts · 33 votes
    11y

    @Kevin Carbon

    Thanks for answering my question.  I agree with you that a multi step mailing campaign will always out pull a once and done, however, if this is your first campaign and you have a mentor that is doing what you aspire to, I might defer to her.

    You can do exactly what she says to get her results (if they are desirable to you) and then improve on what she is doing from there.

    Early on I had a mentor who I listened to exactly and I owe a large portion of my early success to listening to his advice verbatim.

  • Specialist · Sibley, LA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 190 votes
    11y

    Good luck @Kevin C.

  • Real Estate Investor · Burien, WA · Member since 2014 · 286 posts · 98 votes
    11y

    Thanks @Antonio Coleman.... So I got another call today.... I think she may be a tire kicker , not sure yet.... So the score so far.... 5 calls in 5 days... At this time I'm at 1/2 % response rate... 4 leads.... 1 looks promising .. Going to look at the property tomorrow.

  • New to Real Estate · Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 1 vote
    11y
    Originally posted by @Kevin C.:

    Thanks @Antonio Coleman.... So I got another call today.... I think she may be a tire kicker , not sure yet.... So the score so far.... 5 calls in 5 days... At this time I'm at 1/2 % response rate... 4 leads.... 1 looks promising .. Going to look at the property tomorrow.

  • New to Real Estate · Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    Doing good Kevin, especially for your first mailing. I think we're all pulling for ya. All that being said don't let emotions make decisions for you.

  • North Richland Hills, TX · Member since 2013 · 14 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    @Kevin C. would you mind sharing the mailing service you used? That's a pretty good price for first class postage. Good luck on your first campaign BTW.

  • Investor · MD · Member since 2015 · 208 posts · 32 votes
    11y

    @Kevin C.

     Whoaaa!!!  way to go! Keep it up the great momentum!

  • Real Estate Investor · Burien, WA · Member since 2014 · 286 posts · 98 votes
    11y

    Marketing update- So as of today i got one more call (total of 6). someone who got my card must have put their house on the market and gave my info to their RE Broker, I told him I was an investor looking for off market properties to rehab, so if he hears anything to let me know.

    I have also set appointments with 3 out of my 4 leads next Monday to check out the properties. Hope to set the 4th tomorrow. 

    @Freddie Lawson thanks for the support and advice

    @Natasha M. will do and thanks

    @Tony Sera I used gobigprinting.com you do have to enter the site using one of their partners(gurus)..Its on the top menu bar. I picked Sean Terry although i dont think it matters, they must get some kinda kickback. I still would compare pricing and size of postcard with yellow letters.com... I think some versions may be cheaper there.

  • Real Estate Investor · Burien, WA · Member since 2014 · 286 posts · 98 votes
    11y

    Hey everyone.... So here is an update  7 calls... 4 leads..... 1 offer accepted and signing contract in a few days:)... 1 offer made, waiting for reply... 1 doing an inspection on Monday and the last putting together an offer.... So looks pretty good... Getting ready for second mailing next week:):)

  • New to Real Estate · Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    Cool man. You have potential buyers lined up?

  • Beaverton, OR · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 0 votes
    11y
    Thanks for sharing your whole process end to end. It's very inspirational. I'm trying to get started myself. Congratulations!
  • North Richland Hills, TX · Member since 2013 · 14 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    Nice job sir. Great to see a fellow BP'er get these results. Keep it up! 

  • Miami Lakes, FL · Member since 2015 · 58 posts · 33 votes
    11y

    @Kevin C. Excellent job Kevin! 

    It goes to show that all you have to do is take action! 

    What a powerful and inspiring post! Keep us up to date!

  • Millersville, MD · Member since 2015 · 140 posts · 47 votes
    11y

    @Kevin C.

    Bumping your thread up to see how you're progress is coming.  Any updates after your 2nd mailing?

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 16 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    @Kevin C. bumping. When I read your comment on not fading from the thread I was really pumped. Can't wait to hear the 3mo update, hopefully you have been busy.

  • Real Estate Investor · Burien, WA · Member since 2014 · 286 posts · 98 votes
    11y

    Hey Everyone. Ok, I must apologize for the lack of follow up. I have been fairly busy in other areas of my life. I suffered a hand injury this summer and recently had surgery on it and have been a little out of action.

     Anyway, So since my last update, this is whats been going on Real Estate wise. So have managed to get one house under contract and its taken almost two months to close and it looks like it will the end of this week. I will share all the details as soon as it does. Its been quite the roller-coaster ride to say the very least.

    I have also been in the process of building a local Meetup group of BP members and that has been a great experience. I recommend if there isn't one in your area, you should do the same.

    As far as wholesaling and my mailing campaigns to Non-Owner Occupied properties, I haven't received any more calls in the last month. I am currently re-evaluating my marketing strategy and exploring different ways to generate leads. I will be more than happy to share once I put my plan into action.

    I will follow up again at the end of the week and give all the juicy details of my first wholesale deal.

    Until then,

    Kevin

  • James MasottiPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Washington Township, NJ · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 976 votes
    10y

    @Kevin C. - I hope your hand is better at this point and you have fully recovered from the surgery.

    What did you change up on your post cards for the next mailings? I'm trying to find a company that can print the postcards that I have in mind..and am looking at a few options. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.