Need Local phone number service to forward to my cell

Need Local phone number service to forward to my cell

Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2008 · 217 posts · 12 votes

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a phone service that will allow me to obtain a local area code and phone number that I can have forwarded to my cell phone?

I'm about a start marketing campaign that involves me taking the calls directly (instead of my normal 800# service) and I have an out of state cell # that I think my scare some people away.

Thanks

0Reply
28 views

24 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Manhattan, NY · Member since 2008 · 801 posts · 61 votes
    18y

    GrandCentral.com

  • Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2008 · 217 posts · 12 votes
    18y

    That looks cool, but you can't sign up, it's private

  • Manhattan, NY · Member since 2008 · 801 posts · 61 votes
    18y

    I didn't know it but even existing users can't invite others.

  • Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2008 · 217 posts · 12 votes
    18y

    I put myself on the reserve list, but in the meantime I might just add another line to my cell phone and forward the number to my current phone. It would cost $10/month. I was hoping to find something cheaper.

  • Real Estate Investor · Vero Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 268 posts · 89 votes
    18y

    I like Skype. We have a local number that I use and sometimes I forward it to my Cell when I am expecting a call.

  • Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2008 · 217 posts · 12 votes
    18y
    Originally posted by Jonathan Rexford:
    I like Skype. We have a local number that I use and sometimes I forward it to my Cell when I am expecting a call.

    I don't see an option for that on their site. How much does that run you to have the local skype # forward to your cell?

  • Real Estate Investor · Vero Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 268 posts · 89 votes
    18y

    I pay about $3.50 or so per month. Here is the info about a skype number

    http://www.skype.com/allfeatures/onlinenumber/

    I have several skype features and other products.

  • Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2008 · 691 posts · 12 votes
    18y

    I use Ringcentral.com. Very user friendly and not expensive.

  • Real Estate Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 268 votes
    18y

    try VOIP providers (i.e. vonage, althouth vonage is not the cheapest one)

  • Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2008 · 217 posts · 12 votes
    18y

    I actually ended up signing up with Vonage because I can save some money on my cell phone bill by having a home phone.

    I was surprised that there was a state or gov't voice over IP tax. Isn't that taxation of internet traffic?

  • Real Estate Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 268 votes
    18y
    Originally posted by Dan Inc:
    I actually ended up signing up with Vonage because I can save some money on my cell phone bill by having a home phone.

    I was surprised that there was a state or gov't voice over IP tax. Isn't that taxation of internet traffic?

    yeah, but at the same time you don't pay bunch of other taxes and surcharges

  • Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2008 · 217 posts · 12 votes
    18y

    I think it's just as much in taxes as a regular phone.

    Service is $25 and there are $6 in taxes.

  • Manhattan, NY · Member since 2008 · 801 posts · 61 votes
    18y

    I've used Vonage for over three years now. It is a good VOIP choice. Not the cheapest but then the cheapest does not always survive.

  • Member since 2008 · 77 posts · 0 votes
    18y

    I'm a huge fan of Skype, I use the IM features at home, and the calling features have saved me a fortune when I'm abroad. They're pretty reliable too.

  • AL · Member since 2008 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    18y
    Originally posted by Dan Inc:
    I put myself on the reserve list, but in the meantime I might just add another line to my cell phone and forward the number to my current phone. It would cost $10/month. I was hoping to find something cheaper.


    I didn't know you could forward one cell number to another. I checked into that a while ago and it wasn't being done. Will have to look into that again. What service are you using?

    Thanks,

    Michael
  • Contractor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2008 · 178 posts · 14 votes
    18y
    Originally posted by SMP:
    Originally posted by Dan Inc:
    I put myself on the reserve list, but in the meantime I might just add another line to my cell phone and forward the number to my current phone. It would cost $10/month. I was hoping to find something cheaper.


    I didn't know you could forward one cell number to another. I checked into that a while ago and it wasn't being done. Will have to look into that again. What service are you using?

    Thanks,

    Michael

    This feature isn't offered like a local phone provider, your actual phone has to have the forwarding feature in the settings.
  • Real Estate Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2008 · 57 posts · 0 votes
    17y

    I use Kall8 its only $2 - $15 a month depending on what you want and setup fee you could forward all of your calls receive faxes and voicemail

    Jared

  • Real Estate Investor · pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2008 · 13 posts · 0 votes
    17y

    You can try:
    http://www.vumber.com/

  • Real Estate Investor · Bowie, MD · Member since 2008 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    17y

    I use ringcentral.com. You can set up so you are notified by voicemail when you have a message and you can listen to the message on your computer.

  • Wholesaler · Amarillo, TX · Member since 2008 · 369 posts · 75 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Dan Inc:
    I actually ended up signing up with Vonage because I can save some money on my cell phone bill by having a home phone.


    So if I forwarded all of my cell phone calls to a VOIP phone, does it count towards my cell phone minutes?
  • Jeff TumbarelloPro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 323 votes
    17y

    yes it does

    market with your VOIP phone, when you leave the office foreward the VOIP to your cell. that is what I do

  • Wholesaler · Amarillo, TX · Member since 2008 · 369 posts · 75 votes
    17y

    Wow, if that would have been a snake it'd bit me!

    I was thinking about forwarding the calls from the Cell Phone to the VOIP.

    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

    lol

  • Jeff TumbarelloPro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 323 votes
    17y

    When I did that, the cell phone overages went away

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.