Legalities of advertising.

Legalities of advertising.

Investor · Aspen, CO · Member since 2008 · 34 posts · 2 votes

I know that there are certain things that I cant say when advertising. Whether for buyers or sellers. Beyond the obvious non-discriminatory words and phrases what else is prohibited? I was considering posting this ad for buyers but I dont want to get in trouble, please let me know what your thoughts are. Thank you very much. jake

"Want to find REAL DEALS? These days everything is a supposed short sale. Most of these 'deals' are simply people or realtors just hoping that their lender will approve your offer. We have ownership of the properties we sell. We move our inventory fast and in order to do so we sell properties at HUGE discounts. We purchase our properties below CURRENT(not two years ago) market value and pass the saving on to you. If you have cash, can get pre-approved for a loan, or are interested in leasing with an option to purchase we will have deals for you. Respond to this ad and we will discuss what we can do for you. We look forward to serving you. "

0Reply
10 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Coach · Oakton, VA · Member since 2008 · 695 posts · 43 votes
    18y

    Jake,

    Every state is different. Recently some states have passed very strict foreclosure laws (Maryland) where you can't use the word foreclosure in your advertising, etc.

    Check with your local groups to see if AZ has any crazy laws.

  • Investor · Aspen, CO · Member since 2008 · 34 posts · 2 votes
    18y

    You two are awesome. Thank you both so much. This add was actually for craigslist. FREE. But thanks for reminding me that I need to keep things simple. And I just went to my first REI meeting the other day. Answered lots of questions. My business partner is attending another on tuesday, Ill have her ask these questions. I honestly don tknow where I would be without guys like you two and a website like this. Thanks a ton.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.