Need Envelope/Letter service

Need Envelope/Letter service

Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2008 · 217 posts · 12 votes

So I realized that stuffing my own envelopes is far too time consuming. I'm looking for a service to print/stuff/mail my yellow letters. Can anyone recommend one?

The only ones that I've found are $1.00+. I'm trying to get it done for $0.75. Is it possible?

Thanks

0Reply
97 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2008 · 28 posts · 6 votes
17y

For postcards I use click2mail.

For yellow letters:
I had a local printing company print my yellow letters on actual yellow legal pads for about 1000 copies - plus print my envelopes in my own handwritting and I was charged about 75 bucks believe it or not!

Then I have my 13 year old nephew stuff and stamp them for about 25 bucks for about 4 hours of work every 3-4 days(slave labor).

Batta bing batta boom.

See this reply in the discussion

30 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    17y

    What about paying an assistant to help? Seems like it would cost far less to hire someone to do the work than to pay $1.00 per item.

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    17y

    This service can be done at fullfillment companies, bindery service companies and some printing companies have the equipment. The costs vary depending on the quantity. The more you do, the cheaper per item.
    I know this as it was my business for over 10 years in the printing industry. I owned and operated a printing company, but outsourced this service as I did not have the equipment for stuffing env.s.

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    17y

    Also, Josh makes a valid point, assuming your quantity is small (less than 2,500), as you can pay some teenagers to stuff them for you. Cost of $8 an hour or so per person can stuff approx. 300 env. per hour. $8 per 300 = .026 each.

  • Commercial Real Estate Agent · Boston, MA · Member since 2008 · 114 posts · 15 votes
    17y

    Do the fulfillment companies do the mailings as well as printing and stuffing?

  • Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2008 · 217 posts · 12 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Joshua Dorkin:
    What about paying an assistant to help? Seems like it would cost far less to hire someone to do the work than to pay $1.00 per item.


    Josh, I'm actually on the verge of paying someone, but I figured I'd post and see if there are any services that are reasonably priced. $1/letter is too high for me. $0.75 is probably doable.
  • Real Estate Investor · Vero Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 268 posts · 89 votes
    17y

    I currently pay $1.04 per greeting card. They will print, address, stuff, stamp and mail. I use to have someone to do the yellow letter thing and I paid .65 for hand address, envelope, stamp and stuff.

    I had to provide the copy and get it folded which I had that done at staples.

    Now I just do all of my mailing with a point and click.

  • Real Estate Agent · North Jersey, NJ · Member since 2008 · 287 posts · 51 votes
    17y

    click2mail.com

    Lafi A Siyam

  • Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2008 · 217 posts · 12 votes
    17y

    Lafi, I was checking out click2mail, but it's a bit confusing. How much are you paying with them?

    Jonathan, what service are you using?

  • Real Estate Investor · Vero Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 268 posts · 89 votes
    17y

    Click2mail has a great mail merge feature for post cards. I can send a white post card for .31 per copy. It does take a learning curve.

    The service I use is also a service I sell. So I am a bit....shall say predjudice here. But the service is called Send Out Cards. I am an indpendent Rep for the company. I am not trying to push it here but it is a good service. I have had all kinds of services using direct mail. Some good and some bad. There is also a company called Sales Team Live that I was using for awhile. But I did not like the fees that they were charging. Even though it is in line for industry standard.

    The link that is in my signature will take you to the service. You can try it out for free as long as you have speakers on your computer.

  • Real Estate Agent · North Jersey, NJ · Member since 2008 · 287 posts · 51 votes
    17y

    I believe it was you Jonathon that referred me to that site. I've only just started using it but I spent around $450-500 for about 1,000 1 page letters stuffed in an envelope. I put my own address there to check it out and I was very impressed. I will be using them again!

    I recomend the site to you Dan because I think we are essentially sending out the same type of mailer and it definately cost me less than $1 a letter.

    Lafi A Siyam

  • Real Estate Investor · Vero Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 268 posts · 89 votes
    17y

    Lafi,

    I used the letter click2mail but the only problem I had with it as it looked like a BILL. That is my only downside. But the neat thing about marketing, is that it always changes.

    I am switching my stuff to total use of greeting cards over time. I tend to get a better response. But I think it is more of the list that I mail to.

  • Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2008 · 759 posts · 185 votes
    17y

    We have a few Jr. High/High School kids that stuff and stamp envelopes for us.

    We make it as fun as we can for them. We usually have pizza and a contest to keep their interest. It also puts a little coin in their pocket for video games and MP3 downloads!

  • Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2008 · 217 posts · 12 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Harrison Painter:
    We have a few Jr. High/High School kids that stuff and stamp envelopes for us.

    We make it as fun as we can for them. We usually have pizza and a contest to keep their interest. It also puts a little coin in their pocket for video games and MP3 downloads!



    I like that idea. Maybe I can contact the high school clubs here in the area, like the FBLA (future biz leaders of america) to see if they are interested!
  • Real Estate Investor · Vero Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 268 posts · 89 votes
    17y

    Harrison,

    Today I would have been more than happy to pay someone to stuff fold and stamp and seal. I did 193 packages today.

    Envelopes where 9x12 and I had 3 pieces to include a two page letter and a 11x17 site plan that went out to all the brokers in my area.

    I was thinking man it would be nice if some kid came along to do this :)

  • Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2008 · 759 posts · 185 votes
    17y

    It is my farm team of future investors and business owners! :D

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    17y

    Or at least bird dogs!

  • Real Estate Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2008 · 28 posts · 6 votes
    17y

    For postcards I use click2mail.

    For yellow letters:
    I had a local printing company print my yellow letters on actual yellow legal pads for about 1000 copies - plus print my envelopes in my own handwritting and I was charged about 75 bucks believe it or not!

    Then I have my 13 year old nephew stuff and stamp them for about 25 bucks for about 4 hours of work every 3-4 days(slave labor).

    Batta bing batta boom.

  • Real Estate Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2008 · 368 posts · 42 votes
    17y

    I use postcrds, very inexpensive and they do not have to be opened. Read my BLOG on that.

    Also, get you a high school kid, or stay at home mom and just pay them a little something until you get a deal done. You could actually pay them a few bucks, depending on the quantity of mail outs you will have.

  • Real Estate Investor · Vero Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 268 posts · 89 votes
    17y

    I use click2mail on bulk mailings. I have replaced my Yellow Letter Program with Greeting Cards. I seem to get a better response. Besides it is more personal.

    I can tell you the package that I sent out earlier last month just about broke my fingers....lol

  • CA · Member since 2008 · 277 posts · 11 votes
    17y

    I use Think Ink Marketing for lettershop services. They hire retired ladies who have nice handwriting.

    http://www.thinkinkmarketing.com

    If I remember correctly, costs $1.25 each for everything, out the door, via first class mai.

  • Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2008 · 217 posts · 12 votes
    17y

    Jonathan, I'm curious to hear more about your greeting cards. I want to do something similar, but the cost of the envelopes is high. I've been trying to find some in bulk, but it's challenging.

  • Real Estate Investor · Vero Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 268 posts · 89 votes
    17y

    Hey Dan,

    The system that I use is an online service. You can do 1 or 1,000 greeting cards as low as .62 per greeting card. That does not include postage. The system allows you to program your own personalize hand writing font and up to 4 signatures. If you want to customize your card you can ad photos also. There are a lot of features available. If you want to learn more about them I can easily set you up with a free gift account and you can send a few greeting cards for free. Just let me know. It takes about 15 minutes.

  • Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2008 · 217 posts · 12 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Jonathan Rexford:
    Hey Dan,

    The system that I use is an online service. You can do 1 or 1,000 greeting cards as low as .62 per greeting card. That does not include postage. The system allows you to program your own personalize hand writing font and up to 4 signatures. If you want to customize your card you can ad photos also. There are a lot of features available. If you want to learn more about them I can easily set you up with a free gift account and you can send a few greeting cards for free. Just let me know. It takes about 15 minutes.


    Hi Jonathan, are you using click2mail for that service? I've used them for postcards, but was never sure what some of these other products would look like. Does it truly look handwritten or will some people be able to tell its done on a computer?

    Thanks

  • Real Estate Investor · Vero Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 268 posts · 89 votes
    17y

    Dan,

    I don't use click2mail for that service. It is actually something that I sell to other investors. In my signature there is a link to my site. The font is YOUR hand writing. Our programers will have you fillout a sheet of paper and they will program your font along with 4 signatures.

    Check it out.

  • Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2008 · 217 posts · 12 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Jonathan Rexford:
    Dan,

    I don't use click2mail for that service. It is actually something that I sell to other investors. In my signature there is a link to my site. The font is YOUR hand writing. Our programers will have you fillout a sheet of paper and they will program your font along with 4 signatures.

    Check it out.

    Thanks Jonathan, I will check it out

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.