Best Voicemail For Marketing Houses

Best Voicemail For Marketing Houses

Investor · Casselberry, FL · Member since 2014 · 65 posts · 19 votes

I have a few houses that have been sitting on the market a little longer than usual and I'm going to put out some bandit signs to generate some off MLS buyer interest. I need to find a cheap/free way to get a phone number with a main voicemail greeting which I can then have branch off to different mailboxes where I will provide specific information about the selected house. After they hear all the information relevant to the property, they will then need to be able to leave me their contact info.

Can anyone point me in the right direction based off of your personal experience? Will Google Voice do this? Just trying to find the cheapest and most reliable solution.

0Reply
15 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Fairfield-New Haven-Hartford County, CT · Member since 2013 · 825 posts · 413 votes
    10y

    @Cheyenne DavisGoogle Voice is a great economical way to set-up an extra voicemail account. I imagine there are many YouTube videos that can walk you through step-by-step.

    As far as bandit signs, you might want to check your local laws.

    Best of luck.

  • Realtor · Rockwall, TX · Member since 2016 · 33 posts · 8 votes
    10y

    I use google voice, but you can only forward it to one number, as far as I know.  You can create a voicemail on the G number separate from your normal phone though.  It is helpful to keep your personal number off of your marketing material.  The thing to remember is that when you call them back it will show your number not the G number.

  • Investor · Casselberry, FL · Member since 2014 · 65 posts · 19 votes
    10y

    I know google voice is a free way to get a voicemail, BUT what I don't know is can it accomplish what I posted about. I need to have one main greeting voicemail which will then branch off to sub-voicemail boxes which will have greetings specific to each property. For example, the main greeting says "If you called about the house in East Orlando, press 1, if you called about the house in Sanford, press 2, If you called about the house in Lakeland, press 3". Then, when they press 1 I tell them everything I want to tell them about that specific house. Make sense? Can google voice do that? If not, any idea on an economical service which can?

  • Rental Property Investor · Plant City, FL · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 379 votes
    10y

    @Cheyenne Davis google voice can not do this.  You could create a long voicemail with all the properties info, or different google voice phone numbers for each property.  Good luck.  

  • Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2008 · 551 posts · 159 votes
    10y

    @Cheyenne Daviswhat you are looking for is an IVR service. I am not aware of any free services but my phone provider is cheap and has this functionality if you are somewhat tech savvy. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.