who's getting 10x return on marketing spend?

who's getting 10x return on marketing spend?

Wholesaler · Houston, TX · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 0 votes

Who here is getting  a 10x return on their marketing spend? Im not talking about one campaign.. I mean consistently spending $4,000-$10,000 a month and doing $40,000-$100,000 a month in revenue.   What are you doing to get those types of returns?

0Reply
111 views

Most Popular Reply

Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
9y

@Sean Dolan  yes to be fair I have people that do that for me so I don't have any time in it other than look over the macro numbers and write a check :).... but 40 years in the business has gotten me to this point FINALLY  LOL... if I valued my time on BP they would need to send me a check for about 50k a month.. :) based on all the time I spend conversing on this site.

See this reply in the discussion

35 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Augusta, GA · Member since 2015 · 57 posts · 10 votes
    9y

    Bump 

  • Swarthmore, PA · Member since 2017 · 49 posts · 12 votes
    9y

    me but then again I own an internet marketing agency ha ha

  • Vendor · Katy, TX · Member since 2015 · 390 posts · 218 votes
    9y
    Aaron Tjomsland I spent 5 minutes trying to find your company online and failed? Elite Approved, is that the name? Feel free to share some context of what's working for you. That's what we're all here for, to learn from each other.
  • Swarthmore, PA · Member since 2017 · 49 posts · 12 votes
    9y

    idigitalpromotion you'll find an educational video I think you would find helpful

  • Vendor · Katy, TX · Member since 2015 · 390 posts · 218 votes
    9y
    PPC for one of my investors costs $5K per deal acquisition, $40K net per deal. This is at a 40-60K/month budget.
  • Swarthmore, PA · Member since 2017 · 49 posts · 12 votes
    9y

    Sean, the results in my video are real.  I'll talk at length about it with you some time

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    9y

    well I do far better than that.. I get all my deals from MLS and other auctions.. and really depends on the deal some are skinny just make 5 to 10k some we make 50 k plus and some over 100k

    but of course we buy everything we are not wholesaling as that is a ton of work and a lot of risk with spending a huge amount on marketing... I like my method spend nothing on marketing.. spend the time and effort in raising capital so you can control your own deals..

  • Vendor · Katy, TX · Member since 2015 · 390 posts · 218 votes
    9y

    @Jay Hinrichs you're forgetting to put a $ value on your time. What is an hour of your time worth? Multiply that by the hours you spend getting one deal, then it's a more fair comparison.

  • Vendor · Katy, TX · Member since 2015 · 390 posts · 218 votes
    9y

    @Aaron Tjomsland I went to the .com, the company is in Pittsburgh? Is that it? There was no video, and the whole pitch is so vague it seems suspicious to me. They claim  they don't need a website to do SEO, but don't explain why - are they talking about maps? If you have something to share, why are you being so vague? I'm directly asking, so I expect that the mods to allow it. 

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    9y

    @Sean Dolan  yes to be fair I have people that do that for me so I don't have any time in it other than look over the macro numbers and write a check :).... but 40 years in the business has gotten me to this point FINALLY  LOL... if I valued my time on BP they would need to send me a check for about 50k a month.. :) based on all the time I spend conversing on this site.

  • Vendor · Katy, TX · Member since 2015 · 390 posts · 218 votes
    9y

    @Jay Hinrichs Wait, they send checks? I want in. :)

    Congrats on the success!

  • Vendor · Katy, TX · Member since 2015 · 390 posts · 218 votes
    9y

    @Aaron Tjomsland You sell SEO services, but your own website doesn't rank for your own brand name? My suspicion is now at threat level orange. ;)

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    9y

    @Sean Dolan  one must be careful of companies in Utah  :)  lots of real estate and other type fringe operators there.

    number one place for the back end or support and call centers for all the TV real estate pitchmen and women

    ground zero for door to door alarm sales. ( very sketchy)

    and other things.. .so good intuition on your part.

  • Swarthmore, PA · Member since 2017 · 49 posts · 12 votes
    9y

    @Sean Dolan ok, hopefully the mods will allow me to share what I do - I've tried replying once but it was marked self-promotion. I'll try again so as to answer your direct question:

    Click on "mega site" tab at the top you'll find the video that explains some of it. 

    First, we don't touch our client's websites. In fact we don't even try to rank ours. 

    We build out massive websites that are 20,000+ pages each highly specified with long-tail keywords combined with 50-100 smaller cities within a geographic region of interest. Each page is optimized to rank for low competition search terms that have 10 or so searches a month.... we often get anywhere from 1,000-5,000 first page rankings - so after you multiply 10 times 5000 you can see the value.

    WE OWN THE DOMAINS and lease them out for just over 400/m. Once 1 area is claimed it's claimed. Basically, we're leasing out successful assets. 

    Here is the part you will appreciate. Upon clicking on the search result they go directly to our client's website. It's called a URL overlay. This is why we don't need to rank our own site- we have 10's of other sites that are ranking all over the place and when clicked they go to our site. Google just sees this as "referring traffic". 

    Bottom line, you and I approach SEO with a completely different approach not unlike the different preferences of real estate investors. Some prefer high negotiation properties and others prefer to avoid negotiation altogether and pick up the most "undesirable" homes because they know how they best capitalize on their ROI.

    I'm happy to share as much as you want to know. 

  • Swarthmore, PA · Member since 2017 · 49 posts · 12 votes
    9y

    @Jay Hinrichs - Holy smokes, 14.3k posts and 12.4k votes.. awesome contributions. 

    For the record, I am an honest guy and highly value my integrity. I moved from Utah last year to attend Physician Assistant school here in PA and I run my marketing agency on the side with a partner. Awesome wife, 2 amazing kids, and a super well-trained dog. 

    We deliver what we say we do but I originally jumped on here to just say a comment on my honest opinion and to not self-promote. 

    My responses are for valuable knowledge sharing only. 

  • Vendor · Katy, TX · Member since 2015 · 390 posts · 218 votes
    9y

    @Aaron Tjomsland How did you keep a straight face when you said in your video "We rank for VERY IMPORTANT keywords like: diesel motor service near me Ames IA" 

    My wife is an SEO and she ranks #1 for: monkey balls in Louisville Kentucky. And She explains how easy it is to rank for terms that nobody is searching: https://sugarrae.com/online-marketing/seo/monkey-balls-in-louisville-kentucky/

    So you sell ranks for terms that nobody searches for. You give business owners the sense that they have great SEO, because they don't know any better? Tell me what I'm misunderstanding here.

  • Vendor · Katy, TX · Member since 2015 · 390 posts · 218 votes
    9y

    @Jay Hinrichs I spent two very confusing years of my life at Utah Valley University while living in provo, before I escaped. ;)

  • Swarthmore, PA · Member since 2017 · 49 posts · 12 votes
    9y

    @Sean Dolan - you misunderstand. 10 searches a month = search volume. 

    I can do the math for you if you insist: 1000 X 10 = 10,000 searches = traffic = $.

    See if your wife can rank 1000+ of those first page in 1 week. 

    The difference is in our tools/strategy.

    Your very important keywords are the ones I don't find important and my very important keywords are the ones you don't find important. The only thing that matters is traffic and leads. 

    No need to knock something you don't understand. It's different

  • Vendor · Katy, TX · Member since 2015 · 390 posts · 218 votes
    9y

    @Aaron Tjomsland also, why do you think there are no ads showing for all of the keywords you've managed to so easily rank for in your video? Doesn't it seem odd that such a valuable term would have ZERO paid ads showing above it? If I were you, assuming you truly want to provide value and not just the appearance of value, take these terms you've ranked for and run PPC campaigns for those terms, and see if they get any impressions. If there are no impressions, then there's no value. (actually, don't use the terms in your video, you could get a false reading by those who watch the video and search them out of curiosity, so choose others you rank for that are not in the video). And Google's keyword planner is not accurate, along with other keyword tools. They are guessing, and they are often wrong. They often say 10 searches a month when there are zero.  

    Ranking for terms with no traffic is fools gold. Looks pretty, but worthless.

    Again, if I'm missing something, please show me, I want to be as fair as I can be here.

  • Swarthmore, PA · Member since 2017 · 49 posts · 12 votes
    9y

    @Sean Dolan Your approach is fantastic don't get me wrong. I do it your way too at times- that's how I started. What I am saying is very clear I don't know how you don't understand. 

    volume = volume

    Small volume multiplied 20,000 times is a LOT. 

    Your SEO is the competitive approach and mine is not. There is value in both I just posted to this thread originally because I prefer my results due to the ROI. The thread is titled "who is getting 10x return on marketing spend" - maybe i should not have said anything. Most don't and won't get it

  • Vendor · Katy, TX · Member since 2015 · 390 posts · 218 votes
    9y
    Aaron Tjomsland I get the impression you are feigning ignorance that I actually do understand. But just in case. Yes, I understand that a LOT of LITTLE amounts of traffic can equal as much as a LITTLE of a LOT of traffic What you have failed to prove to me is that you are getting the 10 searches/month. My contention is that what you think is 10, is actually zero. You're saying 10x1000 is a LOT. I'm saying 0x1000 is ZERO. I understand your equation, I'm simply arguing the first variable in the equation. What are you basing your keyword volume on? What tool are you using?
  • Swarthmore, PA · Member since 2017 · 49 posts · 12 votes
    9y

    @Sean Dolan I know you understand - you're a pro and you're super good at what you do. Your logic is 100% sound - you just need to test my logic to see the value. I am not suggesting to change what you're doing because it works but consider this:

    If you apply what I'm saying to ppc campaigns you can save $ per click by multiplying search terms by every imaginable search phrase in combination with cities, near me, zip code, etc and even super long-tail keywords rarely searched for. I won't pretend to know how to improve your business I just know it also works with PPC even if the search volume says 0. Google will accept pennies instead of nothing if you have an ad hardly anyone ever searches for but since you have 100,000's of ads you end up with some decent volume and your cost per click goes down substantially. I know you have all the tools and already do this.

    Idea here is if I have 20,000 organic ranking pages each optimized for a kw with search volume of 1 search a month or even .5 searches every other month it's worth it for me to collect those in mass. 

    Ok - I'm really done going back and forth on this. I respect you greatly and know about your brand as it is highly reputable. Pushfire from what I hear provides an excellent service that is definitely worth it for many people to invest. I know you would run circles around me when it comes to PPC etc and I don't even take on new PPC clients anymore. 

    If you want to keep talking about this it's probably best not done in this forum. You are welcome to lookup my name and send me a fb message.

  • Vendor · Katy, TX · Member since 2015 · 390 posts · 218 votes
    9y

    @Aaron Tjomsland I only ask these questions because it is very easy to fool people in this business, and I don't want folks here to get scammed.

    The burden of proof that your method works is on you, and so far you haven't provided me with any indisputable evidence that it's working, and the evidence you claim to present is a common tactic among scammy SEOs. If you have any indisputable evidence to provide, I'm all ears (and I have hundreds of thousands of dollars of client budget to throw into a magic bulletin like this), if not, then I guess we're done, and I wish you the best.

  • Vendor · Katy, TX · Member since 2015 · 390 posts · 218 votes
    9y

    @Aaron Tjomsland on second thought, mind if I reach out to your debt elimination client and ask them some questions about performance since working with you? Actual leads generated, and how they are tracking attribution? 

    If this works, I'd be doing a huge disservice to this group by dismissing such a great opportunity.

  • Swarthmore, PA · Member since 2017 · 49 posts · 12 votes
    9y

    @Sean Dolan - thank you for your message. please reach out to my partner to ask him since he works closely with that client. I'm sure he'll be fine with it as long as you talk with him first. I have a lot going on right now and promised to spend the day with my family so I really have to sign off and give them my focus.  I want to keep his number private so please send me a text and I'll forward you his info. 

    Take care and have a great weekend,

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.