Investor · Jackson, OH · Member since 2014 · 42 posts · 20 votes
Hello fellow investors. I have a property under contract to sell. I would like to use a 1031 exchange to maximize my return and use my proceeds of around 40k to invest in a small multi-unit in Columbus, Oh. If anyone has a reference of a good qualified intermediary, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, any leads on a cash flow 2-4 unit would also be appreciated. all advice welcome! Thanks in advance!
Hello fellow investors. I have a property under contract to sell. I would like to use a 1031 exchange to maximize my return and use my proceeds of around 40k to invest in a small multi-unit in Columbus, Oh. If anyone has a reference of a good qualified intermediary, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, any leads on a cash flow 2-4 unit would also be appreciated. all advice welcome! Thanks in advance!
Hi Anthony, depending on commercial lender you would be talking to 40k at 20% down (max purchasing power) would probably put you at $200k purchase price. You can get a 2-4 unit in that price range. B and C class areas for 4 units are going under 200k. Duplexes in B areas go for about 140-180. you can get a duplex around ohio state.