Springfield, MA · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes
Hi everyone. My name is Kevin and I am just starting out in real estate and i need some advice. There is one company in my area that does around 75 flipping properties a year. Any flippers in our area i have talked to lately all have said they are having a hard time finding good deals. A just talked with one today who told me he hasn't been able to find one in over a year. I have also found out that the owner of this company has all the asset managers for the banks on "speed dial" which is preventing everyone else from gaining access to these properties. Is my only option door knocking or direct mail? Is there any other way to find good deals even though this company has first access and is jumping on every one worth investing in? Any opinions or suggestions appreciated. Thank you.
Vendor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 101 posts · 47 votes
8y
If you try Direct Mail - look for some alternate lists to find off-market sellers that they have overlooked. The Financial Stability model can target people who are likely struggling - before they show up on the pre-forclosure databases. Also, Seniors with 20+ years of ownership are often ready to downsize.
Hi everyone. My name is Kevin and I am just starting out in real estate and i need some advice. There is one company in my area that does around 75 flipping properties a year. Any flippers in our area i have talked to lately all have said they are having a hard time finding good deals. A just talked with one today who told me he hasn't been able to find one in over a year. I have also found out that the owner of this company has all the asset managers for the banks on "speed dial" which is preventing everyone else from gaining access to these properties. Is my only option door knocking or direct mail? Is there any other way to find good deals even though this company has first access and is jumping on every one worth investing in? Any opinions or suggestions appreciated. Thank you.
Unless you live in a very small area there is no way that a guy doing 75 deals a year is taking all of the deals.
I think you hit the nail on the head. Door knocking, cold calling, and direct mail. Also look at different neighborhoods or cities. There are plenty of deals out there.
Charlotte, NC · Member since 2014 · 126 posts · 37 votes
8y
@Kevin Randall I would second @Anthony Gayden no way they getting every last deal. I would zone in on the vacants and find the owners and cold call them, text, or vm broadcast.
Vendor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 101 posts · 47 votes
8y
If you try Direct Mail - look for some alternate lists to find off-market sellers that they have overlooked. The Financial Stability model can target people who are likely struggling - before they show up on the pre-forclosure databases. Also, Seniors with 20+ years of ownership are often ready to downsize.
Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2017 · 101 posts · 104 votes
8y
Asset managers do not for the most part deal directly with buyers. This buyer knows the heavy hitter REO brokers. I know I am one.
He has a proven track record. But unless the broker is shady he has to present each and every offer. If the house has been on the market and a week goes by and you have not seen it or made an offer than your late to the dance.
Now if your getting out bid by this investor each and every time then well that might be a different story.
In a sellers market the best deals are off market. Less competition if you know where to look the owner doesn’t know who the biggest investor in town is and like yourself shouldn’t care either. They want to get the deal done if they are serious about selling. Your their solution
Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
8y
OK sit down. Focus!
Breathe, now listen carefully!!
There were 2 hotshots big companies in my market that was constantly getting all leeds. This was before I was the big ape on Google.
I made it my goal to crush them bastards.
Well guess what. I do not care how big small, ugly or cute you are.... being a big shot has nothing to do with anything.
Think small little yoda, lifting that X fighter out of that swamp. Don't know what I am talkig about? You do not deserve your volume in oxygen!!
Luke says "ohh it is too big". to where my little green pupil said.. "size has nothing to do with it. Look at me". I trained my lil green turd well!
SO, how do you get leads?
You need 2 things.
1) to be found (SEO)
2) Credibility (Conversion)
Them being big does not deter YOUR credibility, BUT it does deter you being found (IF IF IF IF IF IF IF they are ranking one on Google).
If they are not? PPFFFFT you can take the market away in 2 to 3 months! (depending on the competition of course)
If they ARE ranking.. FANTASTIC... I LOVE taking the big guns down, turning around dropping my pink flower panties and moon them and say, eat my dust bishes!!
Believe me... don't let their "size" scare you. (That's what she said).
It is an illusion. All you need to see in front of you is How do I get to 1 on google, and the rest will come!
Admire and worship the great Ape and I shall help you!