Proven Wholesaling Script

Proven Wholesaling Script

Developer · Hoboken, NJ · Member since 2016 · 96 posts · 7 votes

Hi All,

My partner @Edward Verdel and I are about to send out our first mailing campaign and we are wondering if anyone has a proven script for when a potential seller calls to inquire about selling?

I’ve heard multiple theories such as; get as much detail on the sellers situation and property as possible vs just having a casual conversation with the inquirer, as it is obvious that they want to sell but you don’t want to bombard them with a list of questions as they may get turned off.

Thank you in advance,

Mike

1Reply
261 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
8y

There is no proven script. In fact I am fiercely against scripts. Think about it. What s a script? It is a ploy to buildt rapport while determining the state of the house. Figuring out if it is a hot lead or not right?

WHY make it a ploy? Treat the sellers like friends. Compassion understanding. Just talk to them. Need to know what condition the house is in?

Ask them.. yo.. what condition is the house in?

Why do you not list with an agent?

Just talk to them. Seriously. Throw scripts out because no 2 situations are the same. Scripts make you feel uncaring, fake and robotic.

See this reply in the discussion

22 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Branford, CT · Member since 2018 · 222 posts · 121 votes
    8y

    What sort of list have you chosen to mail to? Different audiences require a different approach. Are you working on outbound calls or fielding response calls?

    A good approach is to always get the people talking as much as you can. A simple question like

    "What about our letter made you decide to call us? "

    This will help steer you along a path so you are addressing their interests. Have a list of follow up questions like 

    • How long have you been thinking about moving/selling?
    • Why haven't you listed with a realtor?
    • What can we do to help?
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    8y

    There is no proven script. In fact I am fiercely against scripts. Think about it. What s a script? It is a ploy to buildt rapport while determining the state of the house. Figuring out if it is a hot lead or not right?

    WHY make it a ploy? Treat the sellers like friends. Compassion understanding. Just talk to them. Need to know what condition the house is in?

    Ask them.. yo.. what condition is the house in?

    Why do you not list with an agent?

    Just talk to them. Seriously. Throw scripts out because no 2 situations are the same. Scripts make you feel uncaring, fake and robotic.

  • Investor · Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Michael Elfant @Jerryll Noorden hit it on the head. Every call is different so a script is mostly useless. You're just having a conversation, so you want to ask some questions, if you're worried about forgetting questions you really want answers to then write them down. If you still forget something don't sweat it, just call them back and ask.

    You have it backwards with the last sentence in your post. You want to turn people off. If they get turned off by some qualifying question that means they're not motivated right now. You need to put them into the follow up pile, or just leave them alone until you next mailing. The goal of your phone conversation is not to convert every lead, the goal is to sort them into hot, warm, cold. Hot leads are the ones who answer every question enthusiastically and want you to buy their house right away. Warm leads are those that are interested but need some follow up. Cold leads are the tire-kicking time-wasters that may call again on your next mailing.

  • Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    Thanks so much for all of your feedback everyone! I'm just beginning in wholesaling and i wondered what i would say upon meeting someone who maybe interested in selling!

    Thanks!

  • Investor · Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Demarko Lee Ask them how much they think the house is worth, then ask how much they're willing to let it go for. If they say they just want to get what they owe, ask how much they owe and for the details on their mortgage (payments, interest rate, amortization etc.) If they say "make me an offer", offer them $1.

    If at all possible, you want them to tell you what they want instead of you telling them what you want. Try to keep this key point in mind...THEY are the seller. YOU are the buyer. It's their job to sell you on why you should buy their house!

  • Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    @Doug P. Thanks so much for the advice! I really appreciate it!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2018 · 265 posts · 387 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Jerryll Noorden:

    There is no proven script. In fact I am fiercely against scripts. Think about it. What s a script? It is a ploy to buildt rapport while determining the state of the house. Figuring out if it is a hot lead or not right?

    WHY make it a ploy? Treat the sellers like friends. Compassion understanding. Just talk to them. Need to know what condition the house is in?

    Ask them.. yo.. what condition is the house in?

    Why do you not list with an agent?

    Just talk to them. Seriously. Throw scripts out because no 2 situations are the same. Scripts make you feel uncaring, fake and robotic.

    Kinda what I needed to hear right about... now. Thank you Jerryll! 

    I'm starting week #2 of cold-calling. It's rough for my introverted self but I'm doing it. However, a "script" or general guidelines of what to ask are good. 

    I listened to one guy and he called it something like a checkbox system. Each category/area had a checkbox and a list of potential questions to ask. As long as all the checkboxes were checked then you were good to go. 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Melanie Hartmann:
    Originally posted by @Jerryll Noorden:

    There is no proven script. In fact I am fiercely against scripts. Think about it. What s a script? It is a ploy to buildt rapport while determining the state of the house. Figuring out if it is a hot lead or not right?

    WHY make it a ploy? Treat the sellers like friends. Compassion understanding. Just talk to them. Need to know what condition the house is in?

    Ask them.. yo.. what condition is the house in?

    Why do you not list with an agent?

    Just talk to them. Seriously. Throw scripts out because no 2 situations are the same. Scripts make you feel uncaring, fake and robotic.

    Kinda what I needed to hear right about... now. Thank you Jerryll! 

    I'm starting week #2 of cold-calling. It's rough for my introverted self but I'm doing it. However, a "script" or general guidelines of what to ask are good. 

    I listened to one guy and he called it something like a checkbox system. Each category/area had a checkbox and a list of potential questions to ask. As long as all the checkboxes were checked then you were good to go. 

     Yo Welcome Bubbles!

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    Thanks for the tips everyone!

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    Hello everyone! 

    I just got started in wholesaling. I'm trying to register my business as a LLC, Printing business cards before I proceed to finding deals and locating cash buyers.

    Please let me know what your thoughts are?

  • Realtor · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2019 · 76 posts · 42 votes
    7y

    @Doug P.. I like what you said. May I ask a follow-up question? Why the $1 offer. What response do you normally get (I'd imagine a laugh and continued conversation, or hang up...). 

    Thanks,

    Rhonda-just starting

  • Investor · Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Rhonda McDaniel LOL! yeah they usually tell me where I can go :) 99.9% of the time people who want you to make them an offer aren't serious which is why I respond with a not-serious "$1". By contrast motivated sellers know what they need, they just don't know how to get it, so when you ask they'll give you a price.

  • Rental Property Investor · Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    hi everyone, how do you filter potential sellers? What information sellers should provide so you are interested in investing your time into a possible deal? Thanks

  • Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Awesome tips, thank you for this! I agree with a checklist type approach that would benefit me until I'm more comfortable talking about it with others.

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    Very helpful advice from everyone here. I will be diving into cold-calling for wholesale deals starting next week. Does anyone in this thread have some general guidelines, checklist, or questions to ask the seller?

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Kevin Dinh:

    Very helpful advice from everyone here. I will be diving into cold-calling for wholesale deals starting next week. Does anyone in this thread have some general guidelines, checklist, or questions to ask the seller?

     Isn't cold calling illegal?

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Jerryll Noorden:
    Originally posted by @Kevin Dinh:

    Very helpful advice from everyone here. I will be diving into cold-calling for wholesale deals starting next week. Does anyone in this thread have some general guidelines, checklist, or questions to ask the seller?

     Isn't cold calling illegal?

     @Jerryll Noorden, cold calling happens every day in all sorts of industries. It's not illegal as long as you follow the SEC guidelines.

    https://www.sec.gov/fast-answers/answerscoldhtm.html

  • Investor · Georgetown, Tx. · Member since 2019 · 149 posts · 69 votes
    7y

    Not having a script is a good idea. 

    The main goal is to become a friend with the seller. You want to talk, and respond like you were their friend talking on the phone. 

    There are some basic questions you should ask to the seller, but all in all, just talk and get to no them and there situation. Once you know what position their in, everything will fall into place, including the offer, and what you should say. 

    Our job as a wholesaler is the solve other peoples problems, that's it. The more problems we solve, the more money we make.

  • Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    How can i find motivated sellers without any money ive done zillow drive for dollar also whats a good lowcost way tk generate strong leads and wholesale on auto pilot 

    Also who.can breakdown what is astro flipping

    i

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Thomas Patterson:

    How can i find motivated sellers without any money ive done zillow drive for dollar also whats a good lowcost way tk generate strong leads and wholesale on auto pilot 

    Also who.can breakdown what is astro flipping

    i

     The righr way? 

    You use SEO.

    The getto way?

    Go to craigslist and post 2 to 3 times a day.

    The OK way?

    Write compelling free ads on Facebook.

    Hope this helps!

  • Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Hello, I am new to Bigger Pockets and the whole real estate investing game in general, but I love googling stuff, so that's what I did.

    Here are the results of my googling efforts -- These scripts are just free docs I found strewn around the internet and are in no way being endorsed by me or anything like that (I haven't even tried using any of them yet!).

    "I am a total newb and have no idea if these are any good!"

    -- All I can promise is that the links work as of 12/03/2020... lol.

    Here they are in no particular order:

    1 - JARED JAMES

    https://www.jaredjamestoday.com/

    2 - TTP (Talk To People) - Brent Daniels - DEAL MACHINE APP

    3 - CARROT.COM

    4 - FORTUNEBUILDERS.COM

    5 - 1000HOUSES.COM

    6 - RED PILL INVESTOR

    7 - TRUELANCER.COM

    I hope these come in handy.

    Good luck out there!

  • Member since 2023 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Demarko Lee:

    Thanks so much for all of your feedback everyone! I'm just beginning in wholesaling and i wondered what i would say upon meeting someone who maybe interested in selling!

    Thanks!


     how's it going now?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.