Passive Income by "Renting" LeadGen Websites?

Passive Income by "Renting" LeadGen Websites?

Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Greetings!

I'm a long-time listener to the various podcasts, and finally joined the forum today. 

In a previous episode, someone mentioned a passive income business model that might be a good fit for me. 

It involved creating websites, adding content, optimizing the website, and "renting" it to a company. The leads generated by the website would go to the company renting it. If they stop renting, I can market the site's leads to another company. The person mentioning the business model said you would need a real estate license in order to do this. 

I think I would be a good fit because:
- I'm pretty good at organic SEO (been at it since 2002/2003)

- I have mortgage industry experience. 

Does anyone have any additional information on this business model? Links to forum posts, podcast episodes, articles, videos, courses, etc.?

Thanks in advance!

Jackie

0Reply
9 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Sacramento · Member since 2019 · 129 posts · 108 votes
    7y

    I know you need a real estate license if you are going to charge people a commission for doing real estate work for them.

    It does not sound to me like your doing any real estate work setting up a website.

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Thanks, Brent

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.