Real Estate Agent · Newark · Member since 2014 · 55 posts · 31 votes
I started the new year with the daily habit of contacting 10 seller's a day. Got a couple lists, skiptraced it, and set it up on RVM and text blast (I may change the text blast portion).
The reason why I like this system so far is that it eliminates almost immediately those who are not interested and quickly has me speaking with sellers. I already have had some appointments, some scheduled, a small potential funnel, and even got one property under contract.
Problem is.....with my current budget, until deals start closing, so I often find myself not being as consistent as I would like to be.
My partner and I are going to start FB ads to keep the leads coming in. Another attempt to keep marketing dollars low.
I'm not against cold calling, it's just that the skip tracing (using REI Skip), when done on a large scale, can have a lot of wrong numbers. I'm not concerned with that, but I couldn't imagine cold calling all those wrong numbers lol
Thoughts on current strategy and where I can improve on consistency ?
Real Estate Agent · Winter haven, FL · Member since 2011 · 572 posts · 336 votes
6y
If you're an agent then you should just be using REDX data with a mojo triple line dialer. The triple line dialer runs to wrong numbers quick and gets you straight to your contacts and REDX info is pretty much on point. You could get 20-30 contacts a day easy.
Sometimes you don't have to try and be so clever and creative. Just stick to the basics and don't try to reinvent the wheel.
But if you want to step it up, then you can also text ever contact you make a link to your website directing them to any pertinent information discussed. Your website will have your FB pixel and google trace number on there. This way they are tagged with put them knowing and you can retargeting them with FB & Google ads for pennies.
You might try a better skip tracing tool. BellesLink's batch search automatically scrubs out all the the bad, disconnected numbers so you don't waste your time calling them. All the numbers you get back are working numbers. The data is the best available to small businesses. If REI Skip didn't qualify your business for permissible use, you're not getting the best data. Federal regulations don't allow non-public personal information to be shared with non-qualified businesses.
There will be some wrong numbers in any data search, meaning the number is not owned by the person you searched. That could be as much as 30% of the total numbers if you bought the list or is your data source is not the best. If you built the list yourself, the percentage of wrong numbers will be 5%-10%.
What is your purpose of contacting that many people are you trying to buy properties or wholesaling?
Buyer properties #1 goal. Anything that doesn't fit criteria gets wholesaled. I'm an agent to so if they want to go on the retail market, they can do that as well.
Real Estate Agent · Newark · Member since 2014 · 55 posts · 31 votes
6y
@Kevin Morris. Generic absentee from listsource, driving for dollars, and general farming in heavy multifamily areas (sold date a minimum of 20 years ago.
Skip traced via REIskip and a VA from fiverr (to compare).
Real Estate Agent · Winter haven, FL · Member since 2011 · 572 posts · 336 votes
6y
If you're an agent then you should just be using REDX data with a mojo triple line dialer. The triple line dialer runs to wrong numbers quick and gets you straight to your contacts and REDX info is pretty much on point. You could get 20-30 contacts a day easy.
Sometimes you don't have to try and be so clever and creative. Just stick to the basics and don't try to reinvent the wheel.
But if you want to step it up, then you can also text ever contact you make a link to your website directing them to any pertinent information discussed. Your website will have your FB pixel and google trace number on there. This way they are tagged with put them knowing and you can retargeting them with FB & Google ads for pennies.
Real Estate Agent · Newark · Member since 2014 · 55 posts · 31 votes
6y
@Manny Cirino Thanks for that input! Question, can you upload a list and have that skip traced as well? Seems like they're offering a specific group of leads; expireds, fsbo's, etc.
Real Estate Agent · Newark · Member since 2014 · 55 posts · 31 votes
6y
@Manny Cirino and I guess the only other thing is that I'm not necessarily looking to cold call if I don't have to. With the text message/rvm blast, those that are interested respond favorably and then I make my contacts from there.
Real Estate Agent · Winter haven, FL · Member since 2011 · 572 posts · 336 votes
6y
You can get access to geo leads which basic numbers to any house or neighborhood of your you choice. You can literally type in the address of 1 single house and get the number or you can type in a street name and get all the numbers for that street same for subdivisions.
I started with geo leads only pulled expired not delisted data from a different source and uploaded to REDX to pull the numbers I created an expired database without paying for it. I was on a budget at first so I was ok with putting in the work.
if your looking for wholesale deals then Preforeclosures and geo leads are a good start.
Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
6y
The mistake you and many many MANY investors make is worrying about keeping marketing budget low.
There is no such thing is "keeping marketing budget low". You need to keep it "right", no matter how much that "right" number is. Of course you need to minimize cost w.r.t. performance, but it is a 2 curve graph where there is a point where the 2 lines cross for maximum efficiency.
So, it is about effective marketing, not keeping it low. I can give you 200 marketing methods that keeps your budget low but with 0.3% chance you will get a deal.
So if you had a choice, would you pay 200 dollars / month for a method that will most likely never get you a deal, or would you rather spend $20K but you are pretty much guaranteed qualified leads with a high chance of closing?
Look man. If you have not yet calculated the cost/deal, you ARE just winging it and you WILL NOT make it in this business. The first thing you need to do is get your cost/deal figured out. THEN "keeping marketing budget low" is never going to be an issue!
Do you get what I am saying, or do you need more clarification?