New investor with industry exp looking for funding options.

New investor with industry exp looking for funding options.

Tucson, AZ · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 1 vote

Thank you for taking the time to read this and any advice or options you share!

I am new into the real estate investing actions specifically. I've read several books on it and attended several webinars and meetups over the past couple of years and have solid general knowledge. I also have 12+ years in construction experience and 8+ in construction management, four most recent years overseeing home remodeling, new construction, and warranties in residential.

I have spent the past month since moving to Arizona networking through social media and calls getting on wholesaler email lists, building a contractor list, and getting a feel for cost of work in the local area and am pretty set for that.

Biggest challenge I am currently facing is financing. The whole pandemic and moving drained a great deal of my reserves leaving me in a position that several grand on down-payment isn't an option for the first flip. Following that first one I'd reinvest in and be able to run with it.

Some of the options I've been looking into and could use some more experienced information on are:

-Partnerships with other investors

-Finding 100% financing based on the deal with hard money

-Crowd sourced funding

-Government grants and loans for rehabilitation/housing

-Any other options that may be possible

1Reply
22 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2018 · 23 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    There's usually a Zoom meeting the first thursday of the month for Tucson Investors hosted by Colby Fryar that has been helpful for me to start networking and understanding structuring deals. AZREIA is also starting in-person meetings today but this one does have a guest fee if you aren't a member. Facebook groups seems to be the newest method I've found for networking and I bumped into you there today! Hope to talk soon. 

  • Wilmington, NC · Member since 2016 · 37 posts · 15 votes
    5y

    I think you should find a deal first. I'd finance just about anybody if they brought me a good deal with a good return. So feel free to reach out if interested. Also there are a million people posting in the market place for financing.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.