New to Real Estate · Lakewood, CA · Member since 2021 · 26 posts · 8 votes
Hello Fam,
What is the common name for Real Estate investing groups? Is there a list on BiggerPockets that is sectioned by location? I get notices for Lakewood in other states (not sure how to change this) and not Lakewood CA where I live. Regardless, it’s not super clear how to find all available meetups by location. How should I find the right one for me?
Realtor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 952 posts · 1k+ votes
5y
@Zach Stiegler, I suggest going to meetup.com and searching "real estate," "real estate investing," and "multifamily." Those are probably the only keywords you need. A ton of meetups utilize meetup.com. I found a bunch in LA through the site.
Lender · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 6k+ votes
5y
@Zach Stiegler Bigger Pockets has some great state forums and usually there are good locals that monitor those. Try posting there. Also, as mentioned above, try some local real estate meetup groups. Meetup.com is a good resource for those but some of the groups will also post here on Bigger Pockets Marketplace too. Even facebook might have some good local groups for you. But post locally for this. That’s the best bet.