2nd property not a rental regarding repairs and deductions from

2nd property not a rental regarding repairs and deductions from

Rental Property Investor · Mount Pleasant, WI · Member since 2021 · 27 posts · 2 votes

 On a 2nd property not a rental can I tax deduct repairs?   Also can I deduct all closing costs including  all property taxes paid? ? Pls be detailed in answer TY.    

0Reply
14 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Andrew D Hansen:

     On a 2nd property not a rental can I tax deduct repairs?   Also can I deduct all closing costs including  all property taxes paid? ? Pls be detailed in answer TY.    


    You can only deduct maintenance if it's a rental property. If it's a vacation home for your personal use, then you can't deduct the maintenance.

    Have you heard of the "Augusta" rule? Talk to a CPA.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Rental Property Investor · Mount Pleasant, WI · Member since 2021 · 27 posts · 2 votes
    3y

    Ty can i deduct all cloing costs including property taxes? 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.