Managing Your Property

User Stats

Votes
Patricia Berman
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Golden, CO
Votes |
Beware working with Cory and Victoria Gamble in Iowa!!!

Patricia Berman
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Golden, CO
Posted Nov 3 2022, 10:04

I hired them last year to act as maintenance/property management for my Dubuque properties, after Cory reached out to me on BiggerPockets in response to a post I made.  

I thought things were fine until recently, I had a vacant unit which they were opening up for showings in an attempt to get it filled after sitting unrented for several weeks. After the open house, I asked for the names of interested parties that I had setup to come view the unit, Victoria didn't recall which persons were to be followed up with, and proceeded to ghost me for almost a week not returning calls or text messages, or responding to requests for the keys to be returned. 

Finally, I had to send an email letting them know I would be escalating if I didn't hear back about getting the keys returned.  They then returned the keys the next day with no explanation. 

I hired a real estate agent who was able to fill the unit in one day.  It had been vacant for over a month under Victoria's management, with plenty of interest. 

When I emailed my tenants about a change in property maintenance and management they informed me that they were trying to get issues resolved with Victoria and had not been able to get her to address them.  Issues ranged from water damage from a leak (they are now afraid of mold), holes where rodents are getting in, and a door that would not shut, etc.

Additionally I found out that the door on my vacant unit was not catching the lock and therefore was not locking effectively, something that she should have known and addressed. 

Victoria and Cory did not inform me of any of these issues nor did they address them.  They still have yet to have a conversation with me about my units that were under their care. 

At least I have my keys! It had gotten to the point where I called a locksmith for to get all units rekeyed. 

I would advise you steer clear of these two!!!!!  

Otherwise they seem like great people.  

I hate to put someone on blast but when this kind of thing happens I feel it is important to put it out there and prevent others from the same experience. 

Loading replies...