Property Management/ Licensed Real Estate Salesperson

Property Management/ Licensed Real Estate Salesperson

Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 0 votes

I have a few clients that have approached me wanting me to manage their properties. I am a Licensed agent in the state of NY. Do i need a brokers license to start this new journey?  What are your thoughts?

0Reply
16 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · North Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    @Joseph DeMauro

    I would speak to your broker, and see what they say. When I brought this up with a few brokers in the past, they all dismissed the idea. I imagine it adds a lot more legal exposure/hassle for the broker.

  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Joseph DeMauro:

    I have a few clients that have approached me wanting me to manage their properties. I am a Licensed agent in the state of NY. Do i need a brokers license to start this new journey?  What are your thoughts?


    Aren't you already working under a Broker as a licensed agent? 

    Contact the licensing board and they will give you the facts: https://dos.ny.gov/licensing-s...

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.