5 months using RentRedi and I HATE it

5 months using RentRedi and I HATE it

Roanoke VA · Member since 2020 · 16 posts · 28 votes

I switched from Quickbooks to RentRedi 5 months ago because the payment processing fee cost me $400 a month with Quickbooks. RentRedi claims to be a system built by landlords for landlords and I have to disagree. The number one problem with RentRedi is the total lack of customer support and yes with Intuit you will have to talk to an oversees call center but every question I needed help with got answered and all problems got resolved. With RentRedi you are reduced to talking to a "BOT" until an agent decides they want to chime in (still only on a chat window no phone numbers for RentRedit). Today was the final straw for me as I have come to realize you can not get a transaction report that shows a breakdown of deposits so I can show proof of rents received to my lenders. Appfolio is more expensive but after saving money for these past 5 months I have determined RentRedi could be free and I would pass. 

18Reply
685 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · New Braunfels, TX · Member since 2022 · 408 posts · 408 votes
2y

I’ve had rental properties for over 22 years. Granted we only have 17 but still, I’ve never used anything except a simple excel spreadsheet and all my rental properties have a separate savings account under my main account at my local bank. They don’t charge anything for these extra accounts, my tenants pay directly into those accounts. I’ve never had a problem with a lender when I showed them the deposit that was made into that account. People are making this way too complicated. 

See this reply in the discussion

56 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Huntsville, AL · Member since 2017 · 14 posts · 10 votes
    1y

    Don't see any recommendations here for Innago, but I have had great support from them over the last several years.  Easy to screen, setup leases (I do my own), and collect rent for very cheap fees.  Expenses and Maintenance features are also very good IMO.  Not sure how much more I would want out of a Landlord tool than what Innago offers.

  • Flipper · Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 25 posts · 3 votes
    1y

    @Edward Toomey V,   agree; NOT a fan. Good luck in the quest.

  • Dave SpoonerPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2020 · 869 posts · 823 votes
    1y

    Thanks for the vote of confidence @Tyler Carter! 

    @Edward Toomey V, we're pretty focused on customer support. We know how hectic it is as a diy landlord so we try to match our availability. Feel free to give me a call if you want to chat: 513-572-1654

  • Real Estate Investor · Medina, OH · Member since 2013 · 32 posts · 21 votes
    1y

    I agree with the original poster.  Rentredi sucks big time.  it is not user friendly at all.  It tries to do too many things and poorly at that.  If it would concentrate on rent collection only and do it well, it might be okay.  Its dashboard is so cluttered, it hard to see who has paid and who hasn't.  I've been trying to have one tenant do the autopayment for 8 months now and it has only worked one time.  I had to switch from erentpayment since Rentredi bought them and got roped into a year membership.  As soon as the year membership is up, I'm leaving.

  • David OndrichPro Member
    Winston-Salem NC · Member since 2025 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Edward Toomey V:

    I switched from Quickbooks to RentRedi 5 months ago because the payment processing fee cost me $400 a month with Quickbooks. RentRedi claims to be a system built by landlords for landlords and I have to disagree. The number one problem with RentRedi is the total lack of customer support and yes with Intuit you will have to talk to an oversees call center but every question I needed help with got answered and all problems got resolved. With RentRedi you are reduced to talking to a "BOT" until an agent decides they want to chime in (still only on a chat window no phone numbers for RentRedit). Today was the final straw for me as I have come to realize you can not get a transaction report that shows a breakdown of deposits so I can show proof of rents received to my lenders. Appfolio is more expensive but after saving money for these past 5 months I have determined RentRedi could be free and I would pass. 


     I'd try out Buildium. The feature set has everything you could ever need as a PM and more.

    But for me it's the Customer Support. I call them often and have always had a good, helpful experience.

  • Rental Property Investor · Salisbury NC · Member since 2019 · 26 posts · 10 votes
    11mo

    I agree I used RentRedi before the Bigger Pockets endorsement.  I had struggles the did some updates and I was excited to try them again.  I feel like they get 90% of your problems solved to create 10% new problems.  I have struggled to get my money.  Its been almost 2 weeks and I still dont have my rent payments, they are just sitting somewhere other than my bank account and the support has been horrible. 

    Just remember you get what you pay for.  And there are far better "free" solutions on the market.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.