I currently manage several rental properties and am exploring the best platforms to handle monthly rent payments from tenants. Each property is held in its own LLC, so I need a solution that allows rent payments to be deposited into separate bank accounts.
For example, Zillow only allows one bank account for multiple properties, which doesn’t work well for my structure. How do you handle autopay in this situation? What platforms or systems do you recommend for managing multiple properties with separate LLCs?
Real Estate Agent · Memphis · Member since 2026 · 558 posts · 325 votes
6mo
If you're running each property under a separate LLC, it's worth using software built for property-level accounting, not just rent collection.
A few platforms investors commonly use:
Stessa – good for smaller portfolios and lets you keep separate accounts per property while automating rent collection and bookkeeping.
Baselane – built for landlords with multiple entities and allows property-specific bank accounts and automated rent payments.
Buildium or AppFolio – more robust systems with full accounting, reporting, and rent collection features as portfolios grow.
Most owners with multiple LLCs eventually move toward platforms that combine rent collection + accounting, so payments, expenses, and reporting stay tied to each property’s bank account.
The key is making sure the system tracks funds by property/entity, otherwise bookkeeping gets messy fast.
Property Manager · Memphis · Member since 2026 · 135 posts · 95 votes
6mo
We own properties under various LLC's and set up a PM company to manage. Simply sign a management agreement with the various Holdco's and the PM company can manage properties on behalf of all of them. You'll run into this issue with all major property magement software providers.
Specialist · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2025 · 19 posts · 2 votes
6mo
Hi Duska - full disclaimer that I run a rental management software company based out of MN. Our software allows you to deposit rent payments into separate bank accounts and nickname them so they are easier to remember. If you're interested, happy to give you a demo. Just shoot me a DM.
Real Estate Agent · Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2018 · 201 posts · 104 votes
6mo
I use Buildium currently. I self manage and have multiple LLCs. I have them go to one operating account and then disburse from that account into the specific LLC accounts as needed. I believe I can set it up so that rent gets sent to different accounts right away, but this is what works for me.
I currently manage several rental properties and am exploring the best platforms to handle monthly rent payments from tenants. Each property is held in its own LLC, so I need a solution that allows rent payments to be deposited into separate bank accounts.
For example, Zillow only allows one bank account for multiple properties, which doesn’t work well for my structure. How do you handle autopay in this situation? What platforms or systems do you recommend for managing multiple properties with separate LLCs?
Thank you in advance for your insight.
Have you used the search feature to look through the forums using keywords "property management software" or "online payments" and alike? The question of software comes up pretty often and there are posts that detail it well. To your question, I don't think it's uncommon with software systems dedicated to this to be able to do what you are describing, receiving and depositing into separate bank accounts. I do what you are describing with innago for instance, I'm sure many others do as well. It is fantastic.
I currently manage several rental properties and am exploring the best platforms to handle monthly rent payments from tenants. Each property is held in its own LLC, so I need a solution that allows rent payments to be deposited into separate bank accounts.
For example, Zillow only allows one bank account for multiple properties, which doesn’t work well for my structure. How do you handle autopay in this situation? What platforms or systems do you recommend for managing multiple properties with separate LLCs?
Thank you in advance for your insight.
Create a "Master" LLC, also known as a Property Management LLC.
Then your individual LLCs can hire the PM LLC, so you only need the PM LLC bank account - except at the end of each year when you have to balance out with each property LLC.
This is NOT legal advice, so check with an experienced CPA or tax attorney.
Real Estate Agent · Memphis · Member since 2026 · 558 posts · 325 votes
6mo
If you're running each property under a separate LLC, it's worth using software built for property-level accounting, not just rent collection.
A few platforms investors commonly use:
Stessa – good for smaller portfolios and lets you keep separate accounts per property while automating rent collection and bookkeeping.
Baselane – built for landlords with multiple entities and allows property-specific bank accounts and automated rent payments.
Buildium or AppFolio – more robust systems with full accounting, reporting, and rent collection features as portfolios grow.
Most owners with multiple LLCs eventually move toward platforms that combine rent collection + accounting, so payments, expenses, and reporting stay tied to each property’s bank account.
The key is making sure the system tracks funds by property/entity, otherwise bookkeeping gets messy fast.
Real Estate Consultant · Orange County, CA · Member since 2025 · 8 posts · 6 votes
6mo
It’s pretty common to run into this once you start holding properties in separate LLCs. The cleanest way to get this done is usually keeping each property to its own bank account so deposits stay organized for bookkeeping, tax prep/filing, etc.
You’ll want a rent collection platform that allows property-level routing so each unit can deposit into a different account.
I've seen a lot of investors separate the functions and use one tool for tenant payments and another way to track overall portfolio performance.
Protecting your LLCs by avoiding commingled funds is critical for maintaining your liability shield. I recommend Baselane or Stessa, as both allow you to route rent from specific units into separate bank accounts seamlessly. For more advanced financial management, many investors integrate these with QuickBooks Online (QBO) to handle entity-level accounting and tax prep. If you plan to hire a bookkeeper in the future, most will not be willing to work with anything other than QBO, Xero, and a few others.
Property Manager · Calabasas, CA · Member since 2026 · 141 posts · 67 votes
6mo
Coming at this from the commercial side so it's a slightly different problem — on NNN and modified gross leases you're not just routing rent to separate LLCs, you're also tracking CAM estimates, reconciliations, and variable monthly charges that don't fit cleanly into any of the residential-focused tools. Baselane and Stessa work reasonably well for the basic banking/LLC structure question you're asking, and Jake's point about QuickBooks being the right accounting spine is right, especially if you ever bring on a bookkeeper.
The bigger gap I ran into was that none of the off-shelf tools had any concept of NNN expense pools, CAM caps, or lease-by-lease cost allocation — so I ended up building something specifically for commercial (pigjet.com) after spending too many reconciliation seasons doing it all in spreadsheets. But if you're doing residential LLCs with standard rent, Baselane + QBO is a solid combo and probably all you need.