Hello, I’m out of state and wanted to check if anyone has used or heard of AAA Sahbudak in Orange Park, FL to manage their rentals. I‘m being approached but can’t find much information online and wanted to do my due diligence. Thanks
it's very specious. I checked out their website but there are no listings on it. Generally property manager websites have listings which proves that they have real properties under their management. This might be either a very small company or they are new. I would say, if you have more options, then move to the next one. If not, ask for real references of existing clients.
Look up their license with the state before anything else, then ask for two current owners you can call and a copy of the management agreement to read before you sign. Check how they hold deposits (separate trust account) and what they charge on top of the monthly percentage: leasing fee, renewal fee, maintenance markup, inspection fees.
No listings on a website is not proof of anything either way, but vague answers on any of those points tell you most of what you need to know.
Property Manager · Royal Oak, MI · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 9k+ votes
1d
We’re a Property Management Company (PMC) in Metro Detroit ONLY, with 25+ years of experience, and we’ve seen owners make the same mistakes, over & over again when looking to hire a PMC – which drives us nuts!.
In our experience, the #1 mistake owners make is ASSUMING all PMCs offer the exact SAME SERVICES and PERFORM those services EXACTLY THE SAME WAY.
So, owners mistakenly think price is the only differentiator – and look for a PMC like they’d shop for groceries☹
We encourage you to learn from the mistakes of others by reading posts here on BiggerPockets from owners that picked a PMC solely by price and regretted it.
We recommend exploring as many sources as possible to get referrals AND cross-reference them to get as much accurate information as possible.
Check out NARPM.com, BP’s Property Manager Finder (), etc.
Even if someone gives you a referral, do NOT make the mistake of assuming that just because a PMC met their expectations, they’ll meet your expectations. We all have our own expectations and what works for someone else, may not work for you.
If you’re new to all of this, it's often a case of not doing enough research, as you don't know what you don't know!
So, ask more questions!
EXAMPLE: PMC states they will handle tenant screening – what does that specifically mean? What documents do they require, what credit scores do they allow, how do they verify previous rental history, etc.? You’d be shocked by how little actual screening many PMC’s do!
This also leads owners to ASSUME simpler is better when it comes to management contracts.
The reality is the opposite - if it's not in writing then the PMC doesn't have to provide the service or can charge extra for it!
A well written management contract should clearly spell out what is expected of both the PMC and the owner, to PROTECT both and avoid misunderstandings. Why do you think purchase contracts are so long and have such small print?
We recommend you get management contracts from several PMCs and compare the services they cover and, more importantly, what they each DO NOT cover.
EDUCATE YOURSELF - yes, it will take time, but will lead to a selection that better meets your expectations & avoids potentially costly surprises!
Hi! I am also out of state. I would be very careful. I applied to a remote position listed on Linkedin but I believe it is an employment scam. I have done much research over the past 5 days and it looks as if the legitimate company was dissolved in Jan 2025. This link takes you to a site that Florida uses to for licensed property management companies. Information that is public is available there. The last filing looks to be a dissolution for this company. I found a phone number there that I will be calling on Monday as a final check off the list.
Real Estate Agent · Memphis · Member since 2026 · 561 posts · 327 votes
14h
Haven't worked with them personally, but I'd be curious to hear from anyone who has. Not finding much of a track record online would make me want to talk directly with a couple of owners they're currently managing for before moving forward.