Looking for recommendations on property management in Galveston

7 Replies

@Gerardine Tshouongang I would self manage if at all possible. The amount of money you will give up to a STR mgmt company in Galveston will wipe out any profits. With the amount of automation available to owners now, managing from a distance is 100% possible.

If you do decide to use management I would look up Timothy Church. He beats all of the others pricing so you wont have to give up quite as much revenue

Originally posted by @Karl McGarvey :

@Gerardine Tshouongang I would self manage if at all possible. The amount of money you will give up to a STR mgmt company in Galveston will wipe out any profits. With the amount of automation available to owners now, managing from a distance is 100% possible.

If you do decide to use management I would look up Timothy Church. He beats all of the others pricing so you wont have to give up quite as much revenue

Thank you very much for this insight and recommendation! I've been told property management could easily wipe out all the profit indeed. I guess because this is my first RE investment property and first time ever buying a property at a long distance, I'm just worried I may not do it right. I guess I just have to believe that I can do it :)

@Gerardine Tshouongang just spend time putting together your team of “boots on the ground” to help you be successful. Everyone from your Agent, Cleaners etc should be people you have vetted prior to hiring.

I self managed my STR on Galveston Island from a distance and did very well. I can recommend a wonderful cleaner, if you get that far and I don't mind sharing my experience if you want to message me. I am a Realtor and I visit the Island often.