Bad Neighbors scaring away prospective Tenants!

Bad Neighbors scaring away prospective Tenants!

Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2020 · 30 posts · 8 votes

Hello BP community, I purchased my first rental property (a duplex) a few months ago and I'm trying to rent out one of the units (I'm househacking), but the neighbors directly across the street are like those wanna-be gangsters that hang outside in their front yard all day and literally it's scaring away all my prospective tenants (SUPER annoying!).

It's actually a good neighborhood and really developing, but it's just this one house that is making renting out the unit almost impossible.

I've thought of a couple ideas, but instead of trying to reinvent the wheel I'm curious to hear from others who have gone through this similar situation and what you were able to do to "fix it" to get a unit rented. I'm now going on 2 months vacant and can't keep affording to pay the PITI on my own. Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

3Reply
55 views

Most Popular Reply

Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
5y

prepare the potential renter ahead of time.  by telling them you live there and  although they have a unique look to them they are peaceful neighbors. and or you may need to motivate someone by having the best priced unit in the area.

See this reply in the discussion

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Destin E. ThomasPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2020 · 30 posts · 8 votes
    4y

    Hi Casey Caton, absolutely! I've already got the ad out there under multiple listings, but I will definitely disclose that during showings and with future rentals that end up going thru the same thing (hopefully not too many!), but I really like that idea and at least I won't lose too much sleep over it going forward. Lesson well-learned for my first go at this haha. Wish me luck and thanks again!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.