Finding Abandoned-Home Home-Owner info in Ontario Canada

Finding Abandoned-Home Home-Owner info in Ontario Canada

Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes

I’ve been having a difficult time figuring out how to find the owner’s information for properties I discover while driving for dollars.

The land registry office is supposed to provide this info but Service Ontario locations are closed due to covid and finding the information online get married very confusing if you don’t know where to look/specific searches to conduct.

Can anyone provide me with insight as to how I can get this information??

There are a few abandoned properties I really want to pursue...

0Reply
40 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Kitchener, Ontario · Member since 2014 · 687 posts · 370 votes
    5y

    @David Zylstra

    Realtors have access to land registry titles online.  It is a site called Geowarehouse.  This will provide title details yet not any contact info.  It is a  great place to start.  

  • Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Roy Cleeves

    Thanks Roy, I’ll poke around a bit to see if I know anyone who can help me out from there.

  • Homeowner · Hinton, WV · Member since 2020 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    I'm also interested in this but will take it one step further. If on the land registry you found out the home is owned by a corporation is there any way to find out the people who own the corp?

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Kitchener, Ontario · Member since 2014 · 687 posts · 370 votes
    5y

    If it is a corporation then you can have your lawyer do a search on who owns the corporation and there is a a fee for that search. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.