Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 11 posts · 3 votes
I'm getting my real estate license this summer so I can get MLS access.
My question is, does anyone know of a good firm to sign with, in Kansas City, that would best suit someone like me who will only use their license to buy and sell properties I'm going to flip
Real Estate Broker · Canton, GA · Member since 2010 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
12y
Joseph look for a residential brokerage firm that is investor friendly. The broker likely won't care about making much per transaction because they are doing their own deals.
Regular brokerages will want you selling to make them money as a green agent on a 50/50 split. Most new agents do a few deals and leave the business. Brokerages want to capitalize on training up and getting a fat 50/50 split. The agents that do hang around and generate volume will leave to go to other companies after awhile for 90/10 split or per trans fee etc.
Involved In Real Estate · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2013 · 90 posts · 9 votes
12y
My advice from someone who did get licensed, just get access from an inactive agent. It's really not worth it if that's the only reason to get licensed. If you do want to join with a brokerage I recommend one that does a per transaction or 10 percent split. 50/50 is crazy unless you really feel your broker does 50% of your work.