Anyone use MR. LANDLORD

Anyone use MR. LANDLORD

New York, NY · Member since 2014 · 146 posts · 16 votes

Does anyone use Mr. Landlord . com for credit reporting?

Any problems? Reviews? It's really $10 for a report and score? The website looks a little... umm.. shady?

0Reply
55 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Northern, CA · Member since 2012 · 5k+ posts · 5k+ votes
12y

I've been using their service after learning about them from another member here on BP. I used to use a different company for credit checks, but switched over to Mr. Landlord mainly because they're so much cheaper. I found that both companies provide the same report, so it just comes down to cost for me. For what it's worth, I've been using Mr. Landlord's service for about 6 months and been completely happy with it.

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Myrtle Beach, SC · Member since 2012 · 299 posts · 104 votes
    12y

    Steve,

    Has been a while but I never had any issues with them and their site has always look that way. I was there when they launched the company I know the owner was a mentor of mine.

  • Augusta, GA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    I don't use their credit reporting but I know a fair number of landlords who do. I enjoy their forum.

    Gail

  • Rental Property Investor · Northern, CA · Member since 2012 · 5k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    I've been using their service after learning about them from another member here on BP. I used to use a different company for credit checks, but switched over to Mr. Landlord mainly because they're so much cheaper. I found that both companies provide the same report, so it just comes down to cost for me. For what it's worth, I've been using Mr. Landlord's service for about 6 months and been completely happy with it.

  • West, MI · Member since 2012 · 674 posts · 182 votes
    12y

    Is it a full report or a decision report ?

  • New York, NY · Member since 2014 · 146 posts · 16 votes
    12y

    How long does it take for them to do an onsite inspection? Any way we can have it done same day?

  • Mark LangdonPro Member
    Investor · Whippany, NJ · Member since 2010 · 356 posts · 104 votes
    12y

    I have been following Mr. Landlord for many many years and find them to be reputable. I haven't used their screening tool but they have been around for a long time so I wouldn't be too concerned about them being shady etc.

  • Rental Property Investor · Northern, CA · Member since 2012 · 5k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Ryan M.:
    Is it a full report or a decision report ?

    I get a full credit report.

  • Investor · NW Indiana · Member since 2012 · 833 posts · 197 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Steve Candor:

    Does anyone use Mr. Landlord . com for credit reporting?

    Any problems? Reviews? It's really $10 for a report and score? The website looks a little... umm.. shady?

    Steve, did you ever end up using these services? If so, how did it work out? Thanks.

  • Investor · New Jersey, NJ · Member since 2017 · 18 posts · 9 votes
    9y

    I have recently tried TenantCloud - (OK... Kind of confusing...) but I think it includes a BackGround Search & Check Feature

  • Investor · New Jersey, NJ · Member since 2017 · 18 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    To anyone still watching this thread, you can also try Housters or the Landlord Studio Apps on Android - these seems to be well supported and have reasonable feature set.

    If you use iPhone, some have used "Landlordy" on iTunes.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.