Lender · Peabody, MA · Member since 2015 · 82 posts · 49 votes
10y
I went to one of their three day seminars and found it very helpful. I didn't buy the program, but it adjusted my thinking and mentality. I knew nothing about real estate but knew there was a lot of money to be made and a whole bunch of different ways to do it. They sort of glaze over each strategy for an hour or so while continually hammering home that you need their program and software.
For me it changed my mindset and for that it was worth it. If you already have experience as a real estate investor or already have the drive (I'm assuming you do already if you are on BP :) ) then I would pass. If you're a self starter and go getter you definitely don't need to go. You can find everything on here. It's more beneficial to find a local person to help you at a meetup or REI club.
Best of luck
Flipper/Rehabber · Rochester, NY · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
10y
@Alvaro Alvarado The three day seminar is about 10% useful content (maybe 20% if you know nothing) and 80% advertisement and hype for more expensive education. I know. I went out of curiosity.
First off, virtually 100% of the content they will offer you is available for free here on BP and other places.
Second, the vast majority of people who buy $5K, $20K, even $40K educational programs will fail. What chain store would be able to sell a franchise if they told people 95% will fail? Who would go to a college if they knew 95% of the graduates fail to get a job in their field?
Good franchises want to see some business success and management in their type of business before even allowing you to buy in. Colleges require a certain score on SATs before letting you spend tens of thousands attending. What do gurus do to make sure they have qualified applicants? They check to see if they can come up with the fee. Period.
El Paso, TX · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 1 vote
10y
Luckily, i didn't buy the program. They said that in those 3 days, were about filing for self employment tax. I should just get my RE license if im brand new to this, right?
Lender · Peabody, MA · Member since 2015 · 82 posts · 49 votes
10y
I went to one of their three day seminars and found it very helpful. I didn't buy the program, but it adjusted my thinking and mentality. I knew nothing about real estate but knew there was a lot of money to be made and a whole bunch of different ways to do it. They sort of glaze over each strategy for an hour or so while continually hammering home that you need their program and software.
For me it changed my mindset and for that it was worth it. If you already have experience as a real estate investor or already have the drive (I'm assuming you do already if you are on BP :) ) then I would pass. If you're a self starter and go getter you definitely don't need to go. You can find everything on here. It's more beneficial to find a local person to help you at a meetup or REI club.
Best of luck
North Riverside, IL · Member since 2015 · 77 posts · 21 votes
10y
Spend $29/month or $290/year on a Pro Membership on here before spending tens of thousands of dollars (if you even have it, with all due respect.. I know I don't!!).. Along with a free search tool called Google and the 500,000+ members of all kinds of backgrounds and experience levels on here you can get any and all info you could possibly digest in a lifetime and save all that money... I've heard some good stuff about that program, but more negative comments about being pressured to invest all that money on their training courses and mentor-ship type programs..I'd personally stay FAR AWAY from anything that requires you to drop that kind of money on a "Guru Education" and focus my time and energy on here and figuring out if Real Estate Investing is something I really want to do with my time and deciding on your platform(s) for generating capital.. Do you want to do Wholesaling, Fix N Flip, Buy N Hold, Foreclosures, etc??