Flipster software a fraud or legit?

Flipster software a fraud or legit?

Carnation, WA · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 20 votes

I've been bombarded with flipster software messages to my email since yesterday and I'm growing suspicious. Does anyone use flipster software and are they having success?

20Reply
332 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 48 votes
7y

@Thomas Good 

@Melanie Hartmann Based on my experience compared to Realeflow, Flipster is way better for lead gen and deal analysis by far. But Realefow is a more dedicated CRM , I personally think they compliment each other. Have one All-In-One real estate lead gen software and then having a dedicated CRM with a follow up system in place is what personally makes sense to me and my team. To be honest, I have spent alot more time using PropStream and it does all the same things as Flipster on a macro level such as the lead gen and the deal analysis and I have been satisfied with PropStreams performance overall. I have used PropStream/Repropfinder's skip tracing service (60% success rate) and I reach home owners and buyers on the phone with regularity. About 0.60 per skip I believe. With that said, having a seperate CRM IMO for the lead management makes a difference especially if you are deligating and assinging leads and want to track a project from start to finish and cross collaborate through notes and shared documents. 

I do not work for/ nor have i ever worked for or with any of these companies. 

See this reply in the discussion

63 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2020 · 1 post · 1 vote
    6y

    Does the basic program come with the electronically purchase and seller agreement forms? 

  • Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2020 · 26 posts · 9 votes
    6y

    @Adrienne Vesey how did Flipster workout for you?

  • Property Manager · Cambridge, MA · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 21 votes
    6y

    It is very limiting for the $99/mo paid. In order to get the full use out of it, you would need to purchase the higher monthly plan. It limits the amount of properties you can search for and in what areas as well. Other than that it was relatively simple to use I had no issues with the functionality of it. You don't have access to certain needs less you pay for them. So in conclusion you have to pay the $300/month to have access to the full suite. For me I would rather spend that money on a mentor with a proven system that is where I have shifted my focus. Hope that helps.

  • Rental Property Investor · merrimack valley massachusetts · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    @Adrienne Vesey are using a local mentor here in Mass? if yes how you like it thus far?

  • Property Manager · Cambridge, MA · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 21 votes
    6y

    @ CJ Mathieu I have yet to find a local mentor in the Mass area. I am learning from a few people remotely. So far they are great sources of information.

  • Wholesaler · IN · Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    I’m considering flipster but already have realflow. How many leads can you skip trace on flipster. I think someone said you can only get 30 leads a month. 

  • Realtor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2020 · 1 post · 12 votes
    6y

    WARNING! I would avoid Flipster at all costs. you will regret it. I got suckered into the program by seeing all of those videos saying “less than $100” you can do all of this.. which is BS. once you sign up you then learn about the other “deals” they have. the lowest one won’t get you crap.. they want you to sign up for this to get your money and then feed it in your head that “for more you can have all of this” and for EVEN MORE! THIS”. here’s the thing.. they talk about all these leads you can get from them.. here’s the catch.. you can’t even pick your own leads. You have to just go with what they give you. they charged me right away the $97 (plus tax) then I was like umm wtf? they have other packages that are way better? then I discovered the (3 days money back) so I said.. bah.. I’ll try the next one up and if I don’t like it I’ll cancel right away. well not only did they charge $200+ they charged me again another $97 on top of that!

    I’m not saying the guy that started this isn’t successful but I can tell you right now he’s making most of his money off this misleading crap of a program. 

    Also here’s the kicker. I was in contact with Jerry Norton (the owner) through YouTube. Flipster has a money back guarantee if you cancel before 3 days. (You have to look for this they don’t tell you). I canceled after 2 days. a week went by and my money wasn’t returned. I called them and no answer so I left a message.. no call back. I emailed them.. no response. time went by and I said forget it.. I have other stuff going on. well 2 months went by and nothing. well  2 weeks ago I check my bank and guess what? no they didn’t give me my money back.. they charged me again! lol plus they slapped me with a $20 late fee? I was pissed so I contacted him. at first he was nice (in the chat) then in the DMs he was rude and even made it seem like it was my fault lol that I must of not have canceled on time. which I had proof I did. I gave him my info and he said he would send it to a rep and they would get back with me. well.. another week went by and I never heard from anyone. I get online and there’s a message from him and it says (here’s the number. call a rep) lmao! I did have some choice words for him at this point which he never replied back.

    Finally got ahold of someone and told them what was going on and how I spoke with Jerry. she kept making excuses saying “it doesn’t show here that you ever canceled” and I told her I had proof and that I would send it to her. she told me it would take a few days that she doesn’t know how to go about refunding lol... ugh.. well I emailed her the proof.. 2 days later she said my refund is in the works.. I guess will see if it comes through.

    When I got this I really just wanted to try it for a month and see what happens. but I mostly did it for the leads.. which like I said you have no control over. you are better off finding a smaller system or just do the work and find this info yourself. Podio is great! and worth it. Flipster is just a money grab. 

    This is just my opinion.. so take it as you like.


    -Ryan

  • Rental Property Investor · merrimack valley massachusetts · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    6y



    @Adrienne Vasey no I haven't find one. I stop looking but If one come alone in my journey i would be glad to accept it.

    t 

  • Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2017 · 589 posts · 251 votes
    6y

    For sure review it and compare it with free software as well as software like Buildium and Rentec Direct. The accounting on Buildium is really good but it all really matters what you are looking for out of a property management software. 

  • Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes
    6y

    I purchased the Flipster Pro first and the website builder... and the LLC something or other Jerry said I had to have. Then I went and watched about 4 hours of training videos and thought maybe I should have done a little due diligence before I made the investment. First mistake in investing - I'm so disappointed in myself :-). I have not actually used any of the functionality in the site yet basically because I don't know wtf I'm doing yet... but I live in Baltimore City and there are lots of empty and/or blighted properties among other things here. I hope to get through everything in the next few days. One point of observation is that all of the selling videos I watched that made me want to purchase the system made it seem that I either didn't have to have any money or that if I purchased the system I would have access to money. Once the videos started, I noticed the rhetoric began to shift to you need money (which I have so that's not a big problem) or you have to present the deal exactly the way i teach it to you or its a no go. Then he said he gets about 3 deals on 100-200 Offers himself so that makes me think I'm either going to fail at getting the deal because the system won't allow it or I wont get the funding because I've misapplied the system. Further, my observation so far is the skill to make an accurate determination of ARV and Repair is the sine qua non of the whole system --- but so far I have not seen too much in depth training on those two things... just hey here's what it is generally sorta thing. But Im not through all of the videos yet so it may be there... It's probably embedded in another video.

  • Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes
    6y

    Total scam. Their trainings are really well done but the software is ill-conceived, broken all over the place and their customer service is rude, short, dismissive and has ZERO interest in helping or fixing anything. 

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Ryan. Thanks for the detailed review of dealing with Jerry Norton and Flipster. Your experience sounds like mine and many others. Make an investment with a "pro" and then find out nothing works according to the promises. These days with YouTube and sites like BP you can learn everything you need to know to work as an investor. I wish I would have tracked these resources down before making the "investments" I made. Strangely, the lower the price of the program the greater of useful information. There's plenty of free resources that really work. 

  • Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes
    5y

    @David Johnson What are some free resources I can glean from to get started?

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @ Beshaun Brown. I recommend Pace Morby, Brent Daniels, Jerry Norton and Real Estate Disruptors. Search for these folks on Facebook and YouTube. See what you think.

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    If I knew then what I know now, I would definitely stay away.  I cancelled the program within what I thought was the cancellation period.  The letter I received back from customer service was - too bad, you are beyond the 3 days.  3 days!  I can't believe I would ever agree to a 3 day cancellation period!  I found nothing worthwhile in the program and felt very sure they would honor my cancellation.  Live and learn.  As close to a scam as possible  -without being something I can dispute with my credit card company.  They did deliver "something".

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    I would most definitely NOT recommend this program. I ordered on September 14th and cancelled September 24th. I tried it for 10 days and found that $297 monthly is not inclusive of everything you need. There are additional charges for almost everything. The VA charge is $6 per hour, there are "skip tracing" charges, and you pay for all your marketing, etc, etc.

    When I requested a cancellation and refund I received an email from support that I was past the 3 day cancellation period.  This was news to me, as I thought I had 15 days.  (Actually I thought it was 30 days, but looking back on their site is see it is 15 days.)

    Don't get scammed for even one month charges.  $297 is a lot of money for nothing.

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 1 vote
    5y

    I was going to purchase after seeing the video, but said, "wait" let me check bigger pockets and see what reviews I find. I see the last from Kathy Breneman and others and I'm like "NOT", I'll pass. Thanks for the reviews everyone. :)

  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    5y

    @Ted Daniels why would anyone need software for a flip? PP plus repairs, if the profit meets your # then do it . KEEP IT SIMPLE . 

    Good Luck 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · MD · Member since 2020 · 13 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    Thanks for all reviews, after doing research, decided go with PropStream. No fluff. Try out free trial before committing. Lenders don't hand out POF until you build rapport. POF from gurus are considered fraud. Example spoke with lender, until you bring them deals there not going put there reputation on the line. Shady business is in any profession.

  • Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Adrienne Vesey:

    I just started flipster basic. To get a feel for it. I will update my findings as I go along and give a full summary of my experience after a month. Wish me luck!

     Hey Adrienne! Did you end up purchasing the Flipster software? If so, what did you think of it?

  • Investor · UT · Member since 2020 · 35 posts · 16 votes
    5y

    Thanks for the info. I am new and was looking hard at it. thank you. 

  • Investor · UT · Member since 2020 · 35 posts · 16 votes
    5y

    Any update. Thanks. 

  • New to Real Estate · Northern California · Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    Hey everyone,

    Just wanted to add my 2 cents that while the software itself is pretty well put together and is helpful from a project management perspective and lead gen perspective, their customer support is particularly unhelpful. The packages are set up so that most of the value comes from the prime package, especially for newer entry-level real estate investors. This is fine, but is something to note.


    Story Time: I was on the lowest tier package, but was randomly charged the entirety of the prime package price ($297) without ever instigating it. What's more is that even though I had plenty of time left in the month for the base package that I had already signed up for, I was still charged a full $297 for the prime package. This is on top of not having actually initiated signing up for the package. 

    So I'd just be careful with it. The platform is certainly useful in the prime package ($297/mo.). It's definitely designed to "take your money". (i.e. You buy 'Flipster credits' which you can only buy in $100 increments which you use like tokens to use the marketing functions, lead functions, etc.) This may not bother you, but it was definitely a head scratcher being charged out of the blue for the higher package - and having to pay its entirety roughly 15 days after signing up for the base package. 

    Hope this helps. 

  • New to Real Estate · Woodland Hills, CA · Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes
    5y
  • Flipper/Rehabber · MD · Member since 2020 · 13 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    Thanks for update

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.