San Diego · Member since 2019 · 87 posts · 50 votes
3y
This is fascinating data! I live in San Diego and I never would have guessed this data based on what I'm witnessing.
It does appear to me that there is, what I'm calling, a "Millennial Movement" just generally southeast: from Texas to Florida and up to Tennessee, just so much movement into that area. I presume it has to do with purchase power and, to a lesser degree, political/cultural values.
With that being said, local demand (for San Diego real estate) has not waned. What I am seeing here is an incredible lack of supply, which is constraining prices upward and making movement within the sector almost impossible. Meaning: ain't no one buildin' and ain't no one sellin'.
Real Estate Broker · Johns Creek, GA · Member since 2009 · 870 posts · 664 votes
3y
Housing Appreciation Data for both Los Angeles and Atlanta from 1991 to 2022. The previous housing recession lasted about years from 2007 to 2012. The Los Angeles housing market dropped 39.7% from the last peak to trough whereas the Atlanta housing market dropped 34.7%.
From 2012 to 2021 - We are seeing Similar Appreciation numbers between Los Angeles and Atlanta
From 2022, we seeing the Los Angeles and Atlanta Housing Markets starting to decouple.
From 1991 to 2006, Los Angeles was in its growth phase while Atlanta was still in its emerging infancy phase.
Here are the most recent Year over Year data from the top 4 housing markets and the bottom 4 housing markets. I believe the recession in the 4 bottom housing markets will impacted to a greater level than the top 4 housing markets.
Real Estate Broker · Johns Creek, GA · Member since 2009 · 870 posts · 664 votes
3y
I think that the unemployment numbers is going to be a big factor. San Francisco Housing Market will be impacted the most with the large layoffs in the tech industry.