What are you thoughts about Waterbury. The small town

What are you thoughts about Waterbury. The small town

Rental Property Investor · Stamford, CT · Member since 2015 · 69 posts · 32 votes

Hello fellow Investor, 

I would like to ask if you think that Waterbury is still a good place to invest. The city is now raising taxes. 


Hamlet

0Reply
18 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Meriden, CT · Member since 2018 · 698 posts · 500 votes
    3y

    I think there are exceptions to ever rule, but I do not invest in D class towns. Tenants are harder on the properties and you have much higher vacancy and bad debt that should be included. If you level load it to another area, you might get a true CAP rate that is maybe 1% above better areas but is it worth the time and effort for an extra $1000 or $2000 a year.

    I own and manage a property management company in CT and I will not manage in any D class areas - Hartford, Waterbury, Bridgeport

    I'd be happy to have a conversation if interested.  DM me.

  • Rental Property Investor · Stamford, CT · Member since 2015 · 69 posts · 32 votes
    3y

    Hi @Samuel Eddinger,

    Thank you for your feel back. But I think that there is a lot of potential in Waterbury.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.