Will AI end the 40-hour Work Week?

Will AI end the 40-hour Work Week?

Lender · San Diego, CA · Member since 2022 · 130 posts · 75 votes

Good morning!

According to Pavan Agarwal on the HousingWire Daily, a Harvard study showed that the average person spends about 41% of their time doing work that a personal assistant could do. This means that you could save around 3.5 hours per day by delegating certain work to another individual. 

My question is: How have other real estate professionals started doing this with AI or even virtual assistants?

0Reply
21 views

Most Popular Reply

Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
Moderator
Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
3y

@Ethan Gidcumb

Well I worked before the internet was a main thing and working in construction management plans were printed, marked up multiple times (same plan) for different consultants to review

This sped up the submittal process greatly when computers and pdf came out - it makes you more efficient but in most positions there is plenty still to do, especially management who is trying to grow a company

For administrative positions this is possible but not for management

7e investments53 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk · Member since 2021 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Ethan Gidcumb:

    Good morning!

    According to Pavan Agarwal on the HousingWire Daily, a Harvard study showed that the average person spends about 41% of their time doing work that a personal assistant could do. This means that you could save around 3.5 hours per day by delegating certain work to another individual. 

    My question is: How have other real estate professionals started doing this with AI or even virtual assistants?

    Well, since you delegate dishwashing to your dishwasher, clothes washing to your clothes washer, feather waving to your air conditioner, transportation to your car, hauling ice to your refrigerator, cutting your lawn to your gardener, growing your food to your grocery store, shearing your sheep & weaving your clothes to the clothing store, and so on, it seems to me that you don’t have anything to do with your time already. 

    You saved enough time to be classified as living in 96 hour days. What are you doing with you time that you need another 3.5 hours a day?


  • Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    I have a VA and have been happy but I need to delegate more. That's on me.

    Since COVID, I have noticed that more people are starting to value time more than money. This will open up an opportunity for delegation at the right price. 

  • Member since 2019 · 90 posts · 56 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Ethan Gidcumb:

    Good morning!

    According to Pavan Agarwal on the HousingWire Daily, a Harvard study showed that the average person spends about 41% of their time doing work that a personal assistant could do. This means that you could save around 3.5 hours per day by delegating certain work to another individual. 

    My question is: How have other real estate professionals started doing this with AI or even virtual assistants?

    What is the accuracy rate of your virtual assistant? How many times out of 10 do you have to redo the work because it's not accurate? 

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    3y

    @Ethan Gidcumb

    Well I worked before the internet was a main thing and working in construction management plans were printed, marked up multiple times (same plan) for different consultants to review

    This sped up the submittal process greatly when computers and pdf came out - it makes you more efficient but in most positions there is plenty still to do, especially management who is trying to grow a company

    For administrative positions this is possible but not for management

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y

    I see it this way.

    It is not as much as "freeing up time", but more  "speding the time in more productive ways".

    Take my SEO course for example. I am the mastermind behind it., I develop the SEO strategies, I test them. Once the strategy is tested I need to convert them into an education for my students. I do a quick writeup, create the video, and hand this material to my VA's they then turn this raw material into a polished PDF, and take screencaps of what I show in the video and they turn it into a polished professional piece of content.

    In the beginning, it was SO difficult to let this go and delegate it. But it took HOURS and hours. Now, I deal only with the stuff only MY brain can do, no one else can. So I still work the same hours, I just get more done, and of higher quality.

    As for pure SEO examples.

    AI can write blogs for me. I HATE writing blogs so AI is godsent!

  • Member since 2019 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Ethan Gidcumb:

    Good morning!

    According to Pavan Agarwal on the HousingWire Daily, a Harvard study showed that the average person spends about 41% of their time doing work that a personal assistant could do. This means that you could save around 3.5 hours per day by delegating certain work to another individual. 

    My question is: How have other real estate professionals started doing this with AI or even virtual assistants?


     Pavan Agarwal is investor of NVDA or someone that's selling AI LOL, put it that way

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.