Up and coming Areas of Charlotte

Up and coming Areas of Charlotte

Member since 2023 · 4 posts · 6 votes

Hello Everyone,

I am a new investor in the Charlotte market and as I was doing research on the area, I was wondering if anyone has seen certain neighborhoods or areas of Charlotte really start to grow in the last year? I would love to get a better understanding of this market!

Thank you,

Drew Balla

4Reply
53 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 23 votes
2y

@Andrew Balla I was just looking at some data this morning and 3 zip codes I've got my eye on are 28206 (+11.6% YoY), 28208 (+9.1% YoY), and 28215 (+6.9% YoY - particularly Shannon Woods and Windsor Park neighborhoods which border the 28205 zip code). Those YoY #'s are on the median sale price as of Feb 2024. The median sale prices in those zips are in line with the median for all of Charlotte, right around $375k-$385k. I also really like the 28212 zip code for more of a long-term play on appreciation, with the proposed light rail line hopefully coming in the next 10 or so years. Other areas I also like in the surrounding areas for investments are Kannapolis, Concord, Belmont and Monroe. With all of that being said finding deals that pencil out on the MLS, really anywhere in Charlotte will be slim, but targeting these areas for off-market deals could produce some favorable returns.

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 23 votes
    2y

    @Andrew Balla I was just looking at some data this morning and 3 zip codes I've got my eye on are 28206 (+11.6% YoY), 28208 (+9.1% YoY), and 28215 (+6.9% YoY - particularly Shannon Woods and Windsor Park neighborhoods which border the 28205 zip code). Those YoY #'s are on the median sale price as of Feb 2024. The median sale prices in those zips are in line with the median for all of Charlotte, right around $375k-$385k. I also really like the 28212 zip code for more of a long-term play on appreciation, with the proposed light rail line hopefully coming in the next 10 or so years. Other areas I also like in the surrounding areas for investments are Kannapolis, Concord, Belmont and Monroe. With all of that being said finding deals that pencil out on the MLS, really anywhere in Charlotte will be slim, but targeting these areas for off-market deals could produce some favorable returns.

  • Wyatt WolffPro Member
    Lender · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2019 · 467 posts · 279 votes
    2y

    I agree w Pat. The areas I have my eye on for long term appreciation:

    Dilworth, Camp North End, Matthews, Mooresville, Denver, Monroe, Locust and Oakboro 

  • River SavaPro Member
    Lender · USA · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    I agree with Pat and Wyatt - Also look into Gastonia. 

    What type of investment are you looking into? 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.