What are the best resources for identifying market metrics, data, and trends?

What are the best resources for identifying market metrics, data, and trends?

New to Real Estate · Portsmouth, VA · Member since 2023 · 22 posts · 15 votes

Hey BP,

I'm diving deeper into market research and looking to build a reliable process for identifying market metrics, data, and trends. Specifically, I’d love to know what resources or tools you use to:

  1. Track market trends (e.g., shifts in pricing, demand-supply changes).
  2. Analyze local or regional real estate data.
  3. Identify key economic indicators impacting the housing market.
  4. Stay ahead of demographic changes or migration trends.

Do you have any go-to platforms, datasets, books, or even strategies that have been especially valuable? Anything from public datasets to premium tools or software would be helpful!

Thanks in advance—I look forward to learning from this community’s expertise!

2Reply
21 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • San Diego · Member since 2024 · 44 posts · 20 votes
    1y

    Hey @Kyle Thomas -- I am actually working a new project related to exactly those questions. Do you have any specific markets you are considering? Happy to provide some sample reports and comparisons.

  • New to Real Estate · Portsmouth, VA · Member since 2023 · 22 posts · 15 votes
    1y

    Thanks Devin,

    How fortuitous! 

    If it's not too much trouble I'd love to see what you have for Raleigh, NC.

  • San Diego · Member since 2024 · 44 posts · 20 votes
    1y

    Hey @Kyle Thomas -- sure thing!

    Here's a couple quick screenshots, I'll drop you a message to share a full report.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.