I am an out of state investor and looking at duplexes in fort valley close to fort valley state university. They could positive cashflow and i believe there should be good rental demand from student population but i am not sure about the scope of appreciation in the area. Any inputs would be appreciated.
Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 46 posts · 34 votes
1y
Hey Janani,
Did you ever move on one of those properties?
My client closed on one of the duplexes in Fort Valley earlier this year, very likely one of the ones you were looking at or very nearby. Most of them are being used for student housing and you want to get them leased up during the Summers. Trying to rent to students in the middle of the school year is difficult. Overall I think it's a good market, but on some of the properties we looked at the sellers were... less than honest. You want to be discerning, trust but verify.
Let me know if you to talk Fort Valley horror stories.
Investor · Warner Robins, GA · Member since 2021 · 97 posts · 51 votes
9mo
If either of you want are still interested in Fort Valley, hit me up. I have over 25 rentals in the city, flip 2 - 3 properties per year and build some new construction. I am very familiar with all the multifamily units coming up in Fort Valley. At the prices they're selling for, you will not make much money after all the expenses and turnover. The best bet is to build your own or renovate an older building. I can talk all day on this subject.