Real Estate Broker · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 715 posts · 527 votes
Opendoor Technologies Inc. has released its annual list of the hottest ZIP codes in the country for home sales.
This year’s most popular areas are known for being fast-growing cities with plenty of new development, with in Florida and Texas in particular. If you’re looking to start over in 2025, use our top 20 list as your moving companion guide:
Rental Property Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 971 votes
1y
@Neil Narayan - what do they call "the hottest ZIP codes"?
The ZIPs with the most activity? With most inventory? With most price drops (as in "hot, don't touch")?
I don't know about other areas in TX, but I keep a close eye on Austin-SAN corridor, and I'm familiar with the market in Kyle, New Braunfels and NE San Antonio. And IMHO, the prices are dropping big time (on avg. 10K/month...houses that were above 300K a year ago are not selling at 250K now) and the available rentals saturation is worse than I seen during summer season (with rents dropping from 1$-1.08/sqft to 0.8$/sqft and very little contacts and applications...just go in Zillow and look how many rentals are on the market now in Kyle, New Braunfels or Converse).
So, hot Zip codes, don't touch or you'll get burned. Or buying opportunities if the bottom is reached soon. All depending on perspective.
I would take it with a big grain of salt, I think Opendoor is trying to drum up interest, given how many properties, they and other institutional buyers, are having on the market (e.g. AMH4Rent dumping their TX portfolio, just do a search in Kyle and Buda).
Real Estate Broker · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 715 posts · 527 votes
1y
Any article on the internet should be taken with a grain of salt and up to your discretion on how you want to take it and want you can gleam from it :)