I'm considering buying a triplex in 95824, on the west side of the 99 freeway. The street is narrow, and some houses have junk in their yards, but the next street down has a new build at the end of the street. Thoughts, advice?
Real Estate Broker · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2021 · 517 posts · 408 votes
1y
Local Broker, PM, and investor here. I manage about 100 investment properties for owners, including STR and LTR. "Lemon Hill" / South Sacramento would not be my first choice -- in fact it would be very low on my list of positive investment areas in Sacramento.
We're leaning heavily into West Sacramento and Citrus Heights. Also see a lot of upside in the Broadway corridor, and Oak Park. MAYBE North Sac if you want to get in cheap and bet on future development.
I'm considering buying a triplex in 95824, on the west side of the 99 freeway. The street is narrow, and some houses have junk in their yards, but the next street down has a new build at the end of the street. Thoughts, advice?
Hey @Celina Velazquez, I have multiple rentals and done a number of flips in the 95824. There is still a lot of opportunity. It's really street to street. But there are a lot of flippers fixing up homes there. Are you looking at this as a buy and hold? How's the condition of the property? What are the rents? Be happy to chat about this further.